Takara Tomy Super Gt Optimus Prime, Star Saber, Fort Max Confirmed - Others Debunked

BaCon

Takara%20Tomy%20Dengeki%20Festival%20GT-R%20Masterpiece%20Generations%20Toy%20Image%20(01)__scaled_100.jpg
Just in from the Dengeki Festival going on this weekend in Japan, we have new images showing Takara Tomy's latest Transformers offerings. Get a look at the Alternity GT-R series toys that will include a remolded Optimus Prime, Star Saber repaint of Prime with new head, and a Fortress Maximus repaint of Optimus Prime. Note: the newa previously reported about the Super GT Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron Repaint is fake and has been replaced with this news about the GT-R line. Read the Full News Story Here

I would get this repaint as Ultra Magnus since that's basically what he is in simplest descriptions. A repaint of OP with bunch of extra stuff in the mold.,,,,:tfevil. Am I to guess that they will release the same style vehicle as a Nissan Nismo GT of Megatron and Galvatron. I would buy that version of a Galvatron if they made it and it had a different headsculpt.

They are not, the price tag is #110 each, which has made me to start ignoring Alternity

Yeah just wait for the clearance price.....which is what seems most people are doing with all the repaints......I can't figure it why they are almost double in price when, for example the same mold is used to a T! The only difference being color and paint apps. I still haven't seen actual pictures of the Alt mode....or bot mode of the figure......I wonder if they are cutting production in half......

Takara is probably figuring that the demand will be less than what it was when Alternity first came out which is true, most now ignore the line. But for me? Yeah Clearance is what I will be waiting on

from the illustrations... the differences between the stock gt-r and racing versions should differ like the binaltech smokescreen and bluestreak versions... all cosmetic stuff like racing canards, spoilers... different bumpers and the most obvious the paint apps. it will be interesting to see how these translations are made onto the toy version... the alternity gtr is small to begin with ... heres some links for comparison. (im too lazy to post the pics)

http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/files/news_banner/090504-09R3R_G5win_1a.jpg?0

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/07/nissanskylinegtr_abg_10_optb.jpg

whats interesting for me is the amount of advertising lengths they went for a toy without a proper display of prototypes!!!

Unlike US companies, Japanese toy companies don't always market their products to the main line fans. As with this Super GT line, I expect is not actually aimed at Transformers collectors, but at racing fans instead. Of course I don't know any other fandoms besides TF (and video games) so I don't know if the racing fans in Japan, etc will keep the sales up on these.

Archived