Have To Stop My Self...

Backfire

I found yet another killer Junk Lot to buy, no where near as cool as a Blue Bluestreak, but dang.

I got a Fansproject broken Springer, a Music Label Soundblaster, a Henkei Prime and a bunch of others for $55+s&h.

BUT... I GOTA STOP! I have my first mortgage payment coming in November.

So what if that's several hundred bucks worth of cool bots for $55...

So what if score after score after score brings cool stuff to my house

So what if I have to eat canned soup for lunch every day so I can make up some of the money for all these purchases.

I gota pay for the place I'm going to put all these things in.

You're scoring like a mad man!

Do what I do from time to time, donate plasma, that's over 200 a month and I usually use it strictly for my TF budget. That way my actual working cash is not impacted by my hobby, at least not very often.

Sounds like somebody's been watching and getting into Travel Channels Toy Hunter. :)

Just start selling figures you have no connection with. Since I started selling my CHUGS, I've actually been saving ans spending money on stuff I find more important. Once I started making money, I didn't care to see figures leave......I'm actually tempted to sell off my G1 stuff now.

TOY HUNTER??? I can teach that guy a thing or 3 about hunting transformers. Especially about getting a decent hair cut.

It took me 10 years to piece together my red Skids diaclone variant, from 2 junk lots. First one gave me the back 1/2 of the car/legs the second 1/2 came from Singapore and gave me the front 1/2. Took 3 seconds to clip the bot together, looks fantastic and only cost me about $20.

Snagged a Red Faced G1 Slag at Botcon 99 from a junk lot on the second day of the con while all those deal seekers failed to notice it, for $3.

My diaclone yellow Sideswipe. I bought it in a junk lot of about 40 G1 car variants from Italy for $400. Wound up SELLING the other 39 other cars and actually MAKING money off the lot while keeping YSS.

Botcon 2000, while SELLING toys at the con, I took a walk around the room and found a $10 G1 Prime trailer that happens to have the metal plates inside instead of just stickers and the gray launcher.

And of course there was the Blue Bluestreak junk lot last month.

The toy hunter needs to call ME for advice next time he pulls up a variant for advice.

The 'King" of transformer collectors, Pete, from episode 2 paid too much for that Bumper aka Bumblejumer. It was in lousy condition, not terrible, and $120 was too much.

In a couple months I will have my collection room going, so will be posting picts and things the Toy Hunter and the King of Transformer Collectors would drool over. Mind you, TF Collecting is not a contest, and as MAZ points out in one of his articles on TFsource, there's ALWAYS SOMEBODY with a better collection, a lot of mine are incomplete or junkers I had to parts swap or repair or were just plain missing weapons. Today I snagged about $500 worth of TF's (if they were new and complete + boxed) for $55. I'll take it.

I wish my memory was this good at remembering to buy my wife some flowers from time to time. sigh...

Honestly the guy on Toy Hunter is an idiot, I best most of his buys are just for the camera, but most of hte people take them right back. Anyway, Backfire maybe you should stop yourself for awhile, just so you know how much you will be able to afford per month, unless you already know, then you just allocate funds that were not used to something else

Archived