Hugo Weaving: Transformers "was Meaningless To Me"

Tripredacus

Ah, another silly, "meaningless" argument. I get the feeling we'll see alot of those in the run up to TF4.

As for Unicron, I'd be perfectly happy if they kep him out of the Movieverse. I just think Galvatron is the natural choice to lead whatever Decepticon antagonists the next TF triliogy will introduce. Unless they follow TF Prime and bring in the Predacons....

I think whats disappointing is Bay and his goons sitting in a room somewhere: "Ok guys, we need someone to voice Megatron. Who can we get?"

"Hugo Weaving has 20 minutes, he's a mildly recognizable name."

Bay, "Sold!"

After thinking about it I kind of have to agree with Bay. Not with how badly he overreacted, but the idea behind it. Bay didn't need to sell the role unless he begged a reluctant Weaving to do it. Actors freely and frequently admit to do doing the summer blockbusters because it gives them the freedom to do the roles they really want. If Weaving wanted meaning he should've researched the role himself. If all he wanted was a $100,000 and hour cash grab, he shouldn't complain about how meaningless the role was.

Archived