Hugo Weaving: Transformers "was Meaningless To Me"

Tripredacus

Hugo Weaving hasn't been approached to voice Megatron in TF4 yet, but had this to say.

That’s a weird job for me because it honestly was a two-hour voice job, initially. I was doing a play and I actually didn’t have time, anyway. It was one of the only things I’ve ever done where I had no knowledge of it, I didn’t care about it, I didn’t think about it. They wanted me to do it.

Source has the full article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/17/hugo-weaving-megatron-and-transformers-mean-nothing-to-me

At least Hugo is honest, and I can understand as Hugo is one of those who would rather be in front of the camera acting than voice acting

No problem with what he said. It's not like he has a connection to the series or character. It was a job and no actor, regardless of how big ro small they are would/should turn down a voiceover gig.......waits for the transfandom to get pissed and start bashing Hugo....

You know, I want to be upset it, but can't. Like he said, he was never even on set, all he did was read something for a couple hours so it's not like he had to invest anything into it. As much as I dislike "meaningless", he's right.

Lol and yeah, I expected some forums to errupt with fan angst, but honestly, it's been pretty laid back and respectful from everything I've seen so far.

Then let me be the one to kick it off!

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

HIIISSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Hugo Weaving doesn't find value in something that we find value in!

BURN HIM!!!! :P

Yeah, seriously though, a job is a job, and good for him if he finds work he enjoys more elsewhere. More power to him.

What we AREN'T discussing here (but maybe should be) is the fact that this means the writers haven't concocted another lame ass way to resurrect Megs. TF4 really needs a new antagonist. Bring on a non-Megs Galvatron!

Yeah, it seems the "real" news is that Hugo Weaving (at this time) won't be coming back as Megatron. Whether that means Megatron will be back is unknown... I won't jump on the Galvatron/Unicron bandwagon just because Hasbro typically just reuses the same old tropes in all their series... You have to admit that the live action movies are quite a change from what we are used to seeing in US TF Fiction.

And I stand corrected ... Other forums are going nuts now on both sides, because things just got real ...

Bay made a reply, and basically called out Weaving, insulting him, calling him a crybaby, etc. :redface Is it too early to go into hiding until TF4, until Michael Bay, is done and over with?!?

I don't see why anyone should care, Meg's was underused in all films, and WAY underpowered in the 2nd and 3rd, it's no real surprise that Weaving would call his TF experience meaningless, no one bothered to show him what it's really about, and introduce him to the fandom that loves transformers.

I don't see why anyone should care, Meg's was underused in all films, and WAY underpowered in the 2nd and 3rd, it's no real surprise that Weaving would call his TF experience meaningless, no one bothered to show him what it's really about, and introduce him to the fandom that loves transformers.

Exactly Hellscream

Archived