Topic of the Week: Encore Fortress Maximus #23 "A" - More Than One Fort Max Release?

BaCon

When the Amazon Japan site listed the Transformers G1 Encore 23A Fortress Maximus re-issue, today. Someone asked if the "A" meant there could be more than one Fort Max to be offered? It occurred to me the answer is quite likely they will. IF Takara follows their usual path. It may be a fair guess the "A" is Animation colors. This is indicated on the current Encore #20A release for Devastator. There could also be a possible Metallic "M" version as Grand Max. And, even a Black "B" version as Brave Max. Note, this entirely speculation based on how Takara have done things in the past. What do you think about Takara doing more than one For Max?

Takara%20Tomy%20Encore%2023%20Fortress%20Maximus%20Official%20Images%20Show%20Biggest%20Transformer%20Toy%20Ever%20(01)__scaled_600.jpg

I just hope if they do that all 3 versions aren't released in a short window of time. My wallet can't take that pain!

$330.00 for Fort Max

$400 for Grand Max

$330 for Brave Max

I would do that or even $500 for Grand Max since

rightnow the prices are

$1,000.00 for Fortress Maximus

$2,000.00 for Grand Maximus

$650.00 for Brave Maximus

These three I calculated average of prices that I was able to find

But still $1,000.00 for the Encore Maximus brothers is still cheaper than even one Vintage Grand Maximus, with a difference of $2,500 for 3 of the Maximus brothers between the vintage and encore if indeed we do get Grand and Brave also

I'm not saying the encores aren't a better deal, though I expect the prices of the originals will drop some once the encores are out. Just saying $1000 is still a hefty sum.

For all we know each of the releases could be $330.00. Remember how big Fort Max is? besides I'm also just guessing how much Grand and Brave would be

I'm not saying the encores aren't a better deal, though I expect the prices of the originals will drop some once the encores are out. Just saying $1000 is still a hefty sum.

it more than likely won't. G1 cars have been reissued like 8 times each with plenty of KO's too. The originals still reach $60-$100 depending on the figure. People love the originals and the originals will still hold value.

And at $330 a pop that's still $990 for the Super Maximus Bros. plus shipping. Even if I had a grand to drop all at once I'd still have a hard time justifying it, so if 3 versions are released I hope they're spaced out a bit.

As for original G1 figures I bet most of us on here have watched the prices fluctuate for years. They have a pretty steady average but there are always variations. If encore editions of figures don't contribute to lowering prices for the originals I imagine they at least contribute to keeping the G1 prices from getting too far out of hand.

Also, congrats on the engagement Puma!

Archived