Prid Vs. Fe

madman1366

Well after finally getting my hands on the rest of the FE deluxe gang I feel like now I can let loose with my final judgments between the PRID vs. FE deluxes. Hopefully, the voyagers aren't far behind but for now I'm rather satisfied.

I can remember the uproar over not getting Cliffjumper, Megs, Optimus, or Vehicon FE figures and all the disgust over the PRID Optimus, Bulkhead, Cliffjumper, etc...

In the end, I'm going all the way with PRID!

While both Cliffjumpers have their respective good and bad points I just like the PRID version better. I find him much better to fiddle around with and much less of a hassle to transform.

Vehicon was already a no-doubter. The FE version is OK but does come up lacking in a few areas that the PRID version simply overwhelmed it. Still as with all of these, nice to have them both for comparisons.

Arcee, I always liked both versions equally so that's a wash. One has nicer detail and complexity and the other is just as nicely detailed only wonderfully simplistic.

Bumblebee is the only clear deluxe winner over the PRID. Though, the PRID version (especially with Hot Shot) has grown on me considerably.

Megatron, Starscream and Optimus are just really good figures in this scale. All three are well deserving pickups and probably wouldn't have been topped. Seeing they all got voyager molds it's rather unfair to compare those to deluxe. Voyagers are better for scale, but the deluxes are nicer designs.

My expectations are for FE voyager Optimus to be a wash, and FE Bulkhead to be a little better but close to even. We'll see.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised though to actually see that Hasbro did a lot better than I originally thought with early PRID figs. I commend the choice to go ahead and make the newer versions when they just as easily could have left them at the FE designs. Twice the enjoyment is the way I see it! Now that the pining away for those FE's is mostly done, we can all breathe a little easier.

With how good the RiD Vehicon turned out, I wonder why Hasbro even bothered with the First Editions at all. I guess we can assume that Hasbro thought it was doing something good for fans, putting out some new Transformers after the DOTM summer of hell, but it didn't work out.

I have the following Arms Micron toys:

Ratchet

Vehicon

Jet Vehicon

Breakdown

TRU Japan Battle Shield Optimus Prime

from Hasbro:

Vehicon

For me, Arms Micron made Transformers Prime toys more appealing; I don't even watch the show. I like applying the stickers to the toys and assembling the Arms Micron.

I'm all for Arms Micron being top to Hasbro's Prid, and FE

Top FE Figures

Voyager Optimus Prime

Deluxe Starscream

Cliffjumper

Arcee

Bumblebee

Prid

Vehicon (Only Prid figure that is better than its FE Counterpart)

For Arms Micron I have the following

Jet Vehicon x3

Breakdown

Ironhide

Terrorcon Cliffjumper

Knock Out

Ratchet

Soundwave

Skywarp

I've actually decided to ignore the Prime figures and just buy the Arms Micron figures instead.

Especially with the upcoming Beast Hunters crap, Only figure from season 3 I might get is Scourge aka Predaking. after that I have no reason to buy any other Beast Hunter crap

So I can allocate that money into the Arms Micron line

Archived