THE Idiot's Guide to Kitbashing

WraithVerge

I'm working on repainting a tm fox kids rattrap into dhow colours and have a hi a wall in the disassembling. I'm trying to take his head apart so i can do some resculpting of the mouth before spraying it silver chrome but it's glued togeher pretty well, any way to take it apart without damaging the head?

Got a question as well. I've probably asked it before, but never saw the answer. :tflaugh

A guy created a custom Wheelie figure out of an Activators Bumblebee, he de-actived the "auto-transforming" of the figure, so I'm curious, how does one disable/remove the the spring, without the figure going all floppy?

I'm working on repainting a tm fox kids rattrap into dhow colours and have a hi a wall in the disassembling. I'm trying to take his head apart so i can do some resculpting of the mouth before spraying it silver chrome but it's glued togeher pretty well, any way to take it apart without damaging the head?

Never mind, it's glued together and there is a peg in there as well (which i broke in half) at least through my misadventure others can know

Got a question as well. I've probably asked it before, but never saw the answer. :tflaugh

A guy created a custom Wheelie figure out of an Activators Bumblebee, he de-actived the "auto-transforming" of the figure, so I'm curious, how does one disable/remove the the spring, without the figure going all floppy?

well, you remove the spring by unhooking it and i imagine to make it tight you'd put some super glue within the transformation joint to still allow transformation but create some friction between the two surfaces, this is what was suggested by people who removed the spring in Universe Dinobot so i'm guessing it might work just as well with activators.

Appreciate it, Rotorstorm. :thumb

just be careful with it and keep the joint moving whilst the glue sets, otherwise you'll end up with an actionmaster and not many people try to replicate that in earnest :)

• 2 months later...

I'm building a monster but id like to die the original color off to a different one. Can any one give some tips? I realy dont wont to paint it. the paint always chips off.

I'm building a monster but id like to die the original color off to a different one. Can any one give some tips? I realy dont wont to paint it. the paint always chips off.

Here ya go: Dying Tips by the late TF Master

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been posting folks; I've had some issues with the family that need my attention. I hope to be posting more frequently in the near future.

-WV

Sorry I haven't been posting folks; I've had some issues with the family that need my attention. I hope to be posting more frequently in the near future.

-WV

No worries, WV. :thumb We understand when there's things y'gotta take care of, y'gotta take care of.

• 8 months later...

UPDATE: a couple of months ago, my dad broke his hip when he fell. He had to have surgery, and I've been pretty busy taking care of things around the house and at the convalescent center where he currently is undergoing therapy.

As it is, I have not really been doing a whole lot of kitbashing, and I don't think there is much more I could post on it anyways; there are already a bunch of good sites out there by people with far greater skills and resources than I, and have written articles in better detail with pictures.

That being said, I will post when I can, but my work is not that much compared to the folks at some of the sites out there. Not that i have been able to post many pics, but I posted what i was able to at the time.

Thanks for reading. I'll be back when I can.