THE Idiot's Guide to Kitbashing

WraithVerge

here's the link to the company that manufactures it:

http://www.devcon.com/devconfamilyproduct.cfm?familyid=182

The box is different, but the tube is the same. Look for it on a blue and grey card. BTW, they even have a distrubutor locator on the page, so you can find the nearest store that sells it. Hmm...they sell it in 10 GALLON containers???!!!!

*begins scrounging cash*

This goes out to anyone...

Other than the heating technique, do you know of anyother way to remove the wheels from alts?

Thanks alot

STPrime

STPrime:

There's several techniques to remove the wheels from the alternator series of TransFormers, but the trick is using the few that won't destroy either the wheel or the part it's attached to. Even if you're pulling it off with your bare hands (risky), it can damage the plastic axle that the metal pin is attached to. If you have no way of heating the pin, I would recommend grasping the head of the pin with a pair of pliers, or even better, vise-grips. This is risky as well, due to the fact that if they slip, the pliers/vise grips can seriously ding up the chrome on the wheels. Then it's just a matter of working the pin out of the axle.

But if possible, I strongly recommend that you try DLP's heat method. It seems the best and easiest way to remove the pins w/o damage to the wheels.

Hope this helps you out! :)

-WV

Well, so much for the plastic welder idea....Went to a couple places found with the store locator:

1st store: didnt have it. great work locator :P

2nd store: had it, but wouldnt sell it to me cause i wasnt a business. grr.

Was tired from walking, and had more important places to go, so i gave up on checking the 3rd store.

Oh well.

This goes out to anyone...

Other than the heating technique, do you know of anyother way to remove the wheels from alts?

Thanks alot

STPrime

If you don't have access to a soldering iron you'll have to go with what WV said. However, as he pointed out, this can be hazerdous to the toy (and yourself).

Although I have never tried it myself, I have read people making it easier to remove pins and the like by putting the TF in warm water (not too warm, cos it'll warp the plastic). This can make it slightly easier to remove the pins using the methods described by WV.

(Let's just say there's a very good reason everyone is happy with the soldering iron technique :D)

Well, so much for the plastic welder idea....Went to a couple places found with the store locator:

1st store: didnt have it. great work locator :P

Was tired from walking, and had more important places to go, so i gave up on checking the 3rd store.

Oh well.

tell you what:

I have to buy some next week. I'll get two tubes and send you one. :)

1st store: didnt have it.  great work locator :P

Oh well.

tell you what:

I have to buy some next week. I'll get two tubes and send you one. :)

That'd be cool, thanks alot...lemme know how much, and i'll paypal ya or whatever. :)