THE Idiot's Guide to Kitbashing

WraithVerge

But how cost effective is that?

Second question- has anyone tried that Testors trailer for MPOP/20thPrime? I've seen plenty of threads on it, but no pics with the two together.

on the first one:

It depends upon the price of the material. i know of a lot of people that throw away the jewel cases when they put their cd's into cd binders. So you can ask for the old jewel cases. i merely wanted to point out an alternate source of styrene. sometimes when you're in a pinch, you need what you can get.

On the second one; i think a lot of the trailers people are using look a little small compared to prime's cab. What i do is a "forced perspective" technique, when I have g1 prime closer to me, and the prospective trailer and 20th optimus farther away. this makes them both look the same scale. it's then that i can tell that the trailer looks too short, too low, or generally too small. I would say that 20th Prime's trailer should be about 1/20th-1/22 scale. anything else looks too small to me.

Another way to tell is to take a look at G1 prime: when in vehicle mode, the roof nof the cab hits the halfway mark vertically on the trailer. on 20th, when using a 1/24 or smaller trailer, the roof of the cab hits the 3/4 mark. i consider this too small. Also, prime's trailer should be at least twice as long as his cab.

ok WV, quick question, what is the best kind of modeling clay? i have a weird idea, making a G1 Megatron head out of a xevoz head. the head looks perfect for megs, i just gotta make the helmit. and if that works out, i may kitbash a g1 megs

I`m not sure where to find it but there`s this 2 part putty that taxidermist use it hardens like plastic but you can sculpt it like clay. There`s also supposedly a type of plumbers putty that supposedly works the same way. This is all info from a friend that I used to work with.

ok WV, quick question, what is the best kind of modeling clay? i have a weird idea, making a G1 Megatron head out of a xevoz head. the head looks perfect for megs, i just gotta make the helmit. and if that works out, i may kitbash a g1 megs

I`m not sure where to find it but there`s this 2 part putty that taxidermist use it hardens like plastic but you can sculpt it like clay. There`s also supposedly a type of plumbers putty that supposedly works the same way. This is all info from a friend that I used to work with.

hmm thanks for the info, rodimus vts, i will have to go check my local hobby lobby for some. i allready burt up 8.00 dollers buying a burining gundam fig. pretty cool, it looks like he has a matrix. :tftongue

That`s true you could use sculpy but like he said it needs to be baked. That is why I suggested those puttys that drys like plastic. However if you used sculpy you could make copies. I don`t know anything about how to make molds but I`m sure there`s someone here who does.

That`s true you could use sculpy but like he said it needs to be baked. That is why I suggested those puttys that drys like plastic. However if you used sculpy you could make copies. I don`t know anything about how to make molds but I`m sure there`s someone here who does.

hmm so many choices, so littel time, *not really* i may go for putty. i found some playdo and started to plan it out, i turned out pretty good, not the greatest though. thanks for all the advice :thumb