THE Idiot's Guide to Kitbashing

WraithVerge

Yes, it is Opimus Pwime.

Depending on what's loose, it's possible. If it's his hip joints or knee-joints, simply tighten the screws on them. but i think you're referring to the mechanism that makes his legs retract for transformation, so here's how to do it:

Disassemble the loewr legs, taking care to lay the parts and screws out in the order that you disassemble them. (Think "exploded-view", like in some of the tech manuals for cars and such.) on the thigh section, right below the knee, is the actual mechanism itself. Check it to see if there's any wear, and if necessary, push the spreaders (the upside-down "L" shaped plastic pieces that actually hold the knee in place) apart slightly to compensate.

That's the best info I can give you at the moment, since I haven't owned this prime in a while. If anyone else here in the IGTKB has any info, please share.

Just a quick spray-painting tip:

I like to use a small-to-medium-sized cardboard box when I spray-paint. I place the box on its side, put the parts in the box (preferably so they won't tip over later or jostle around too much), spray 'em, then close the flaps and prop them shut (place the box against a wall with something heavy behind it to keep the flaps closed).

The spray forces dust back out of the box, and keeping the flaps closed keeps new dust from getting in.

This resulted in my Beast Machines Arcee (Blackarachnia repaint) parts having a nice, smooth finish. I'm doing it right now with my Alt Prowl (Meister redeco), and the first parts (painted with Krylon Fusion Gloss Black) are looking real nice. :thumb

In a related vein, I found that while hand-painting the triangle part of my Alt Jazz's hood, placing it in a small box and spraying canned air into it while closing it had a similar effect. The canned air blew dust out of the box and kept dust from getting back in while I closed it, so the gloss black finish ended up smooth and shiny.

Welcome to the IGTKB Johnny Reb. It's great to know there will be help when needed. incidentally you all have done an excellent job taking the time to answer questions, and provide top notch techniques and hints to insure a kitbask goes to plan. :thumb

But how cost effective is that?

Second question- has anyone tried that Testors trailer for MPOP/20thPrime? I've seen plenty of threads on it, but no pics with the two together.