Mp10 Convoy/optimus - Loose Feet?

JackJJW

I've seen reference to this problem on some forums but I can't find a fix. My MP10 has fairly loose feet, I don't trust leaving him standing up in certain poses in case he flops forward off the shelf.

I've tried tightening the screws but they feel like they're in as tight as they can go - I don't want to break anything - and what I did tighten hasn't seemed to make a difference.

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions for how I can fix this?

Try either Future floor finish or super glue. It'd work best on whatever it is that the foot pivots on. Not having the figure in hand at this time, I can't say for sure what the best solution might be, but these methods tend to work great when something's too loose.

Try either Future floor finish or super glue. It'd work best on whatever it is that the foot pivots on. Not having the figure in hand at this time, I can't say for sure what the best solution might be, but these methods tend to work great when something's too loose.

Thanks. I'm not sure about Superglue because the feet still need to move. I was kinda hoping for a magic 'it won't break, make the screw tighter' response :) maybe I'll have to live with ol floppy feet Optimus!

Thanks. I'm not sure about Superglue because the feet still need to move. I was kinda hoping for a magic 'it won't break, make the screw tighter' response :) maybe I'll have to live with ol floppy feet Optimus!

some people use clear nail polish. I've never tried this but i believe just a small coat around the ball joint should add an extra layer on contact on the ball to help keep the joint solid/less loose. google up some youtube vids.

some people use clear nail polish. I've never tried this but i believe just a small coat around the ball joint should add an extra layer on contact on the ball to help keep the joint solid/less loose. google up some youtube vids.

Ah, so it's just to make it tighter by adding a layer rather than sticking it solid. That makes sense.

That's why after applying it, you keep the joint moving a bit then let it rest for a few seconds and repeat. If both parts of what needs tightening are plastic and make contact (like a ball joint) Future should work fine. Apply, work it a bit, then let it sit for a day.

Archived