So Do You Know What I Miss?

RUMBLEBEE

So I'm playing with Reveal The Shield Mindset and Hunt For The Decepticons Skyblade today and started looking over all the wonderful designs like Lugnut and Highbrow and surprises like Tomahawk and am really missing well made quality figures like these guys. Not really tied to the main story but just awesome designs that had the luck to see a figure being made of them just because of inspiration! Even some of the repaints of these guys were worth getting and I kinda regret not snagging Payload and Deep Dive when I had the chance because they really did have a few nice things going for them even though they were repaints. Just the way they were handles paint scheme wise just made them awesome and totally their own characters.

Such a great line to be excited about!

Anyone feeling nostalgic for this or any other line?

The lines are open.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Transformers 2010 line could have been more than what it was, I actually picked up a lot of the figures when they were out, the only ones I feel that I should have picked up when I did were mostly exclusives

Rage Over Cybertron (WFC Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee)

Ravage Infiltration (Was this even released?)

Fury of Bonecrusher (Ironhide and Bonecrusher)

Other than those I am good,

I am also trying to complete the RiD Line and only need 11 from Hasbro and 4 from Takara and that one is complete. Than there is Machine Wars all I need is Soundwave, and Optimus Prime and it is complete

I miss being able to find any Transformers. All I ever find on the shelves are Bumblebee, it's all I've been finding for the past two or three years. Would really like to find MP10 Optimus Prime, Thundercracker and more Generations.

:agree with Smokescreened a million percent

:agree

Ah, the good days when the shelves were stocked. I miss that most of all. Kinda like candy land...but for toys. :)

I think the Transformers 2010 line could have been more than what it was, I actually picked up a lot of the figures when they were out, the only ones I feel that I should have picked up when I did were mostly exclusives

Rage Over Cybertron (WFC Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee)

Ravage Infiltration (Was this even released?)

Fury of Bonecrusher (Ironhide and Bonecrusher)

Other than those I am good,

I am also trying to complete the RiD Line and only need 11 from Hasbro and 4 from Takara and that one is complete. Than there is Machine Wars all I need is Soundwave, and Optimus Prime and it is complete

Lol I used to have a complete Machine Wars collection, sold off Optimus years ago, Sandstorm got customed, and Starscream was destroyed. Still have Soundwave, but he's missing his Radar dish, all the basics from that set are in my classics/neo G-1 display cases

I hear you guys on the bumblebee thing, I recently started collecting as an outlet for all the stress going on and I set a few ground rules.

1. No online shopping (its a wallet killer)

2. No asking anyone in the store to check for me

3. Don't go crazy!

Its actually been a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Transformers has been a great warm and fuzzy distraction again. I used to watch G1 as a kid, dove into beast wars, and now I am actually surprised at the quality of Prime. I think my biggest gripe is the crummy quality of the movie toys and the lack of stocking on everything else. Don't these people realize they need to stock the new stuff to?

Nice first post and welcome Arcwind! :thumb

Yeah all of the bad stocking seems to be the way of the stores now and Hasbro having misinformation and thinking that all the kids want now is video games and electronic toys is such a misrep.

Nut not all the DOTM toys were bad. The quality was there if not for the shrinking toys and I found quite a few that were just plain awesome! DOTM Skyhammer and Topspin are my very favorite two from the bunch and I think I'd have three if I had a Sentinel and all the HA's large and small were just awesome unless we're talking repaints and even then the quality is still there.

I just think Hasbro has put way too much stock in movies and games as the selling point to their toys and I think they were doing just fine. Bumped Power Rangers as the top selling boys toy for a while there and I'm sure Transformers is giving Gundam a run for it's money ... or can! I mean Gundam is still a pretty tough egg to crack even now!

Nice first post and welcome Arcwind! :thumb

Yeah all of the bad stocking seems to be the way of the stores now and Hasbro having misinformation and thinking that all the kids want now is video games and electronic toys is such a misrep.

Nut not all the DOTM toys were bad. The quality was there if not for the shrinking toys and I found quite a few that were just plain awesome! DOTM Skyhammer and Topspin are my very favorite two from the bunch and I think I'd have three if I had a Sentinel and all the HA's large and small were just awesome unless we're talking repaints and even then the quality is still there.

I just think Hasbro has put way too much stock in movies and games as the selling point to their toys and I think they were doing just fine. Bumped Power Rangers as the top selling boys toy for a while there and I'm sure Transformers is giving Gundam a run for it's money ... or can! I mean Gundam is still a pretty tough egg to crack even now!

Yeah though I would rate Skyhammer as the top figure of the line, I bought 3 of him and looking for a 4th for an upcoming Headrobots upgrade. Another good figure is Crankcase suprisingly, thoug if you put a chain on Hatchet and have Crankcase hold the end of it, it looks awesome

Archived