Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, Nc Transformers Convention!

anindrew

Hello all!

After much planning I am pleased to announce Charticon 2013, taking place August 9th, 10th and 11th, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina. We will be holding the convention at the Marriott Charlotte Executive Park right off I-77 near the heart of Charlotte. While we are still deep in the planning stages here are a few things you can expect from the show:

Voice Actors (Woot!)

Cosplay and Costume Contests

4,000+ sq ft Dealer Room

Transformers Toy Panels

Trivia Contests

Kids Games

Friday night DJ Party

Plus tons more! We don't want to reveal too many details just yet, but we've had a ton of interest and are already expecting a big turnout. You can learn more at:

Charticon

http://www.facebook.com/Charticon

The hotel is already accepting reservations at a very reasonable rate so make your reservations soon!

Thanks!

Andrew

charticonlogosmall.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing! The news has been posted on the front page as well: http://TFormers.com/transformers--charticon-2013-charlotte-nc/18353/news.html

You should contact the RFC guys. I believe Brian Kilby is not too far from you: http://tfradio.net/

Yeah. I live about an hour away. And I work about fifteen minutes away from Charlotte.

Very cool. I will be going to this.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! The news has been posted on the front page as well: http://TFormers.com/...18353/news.html

You should contact the RFC guys. I believe Brian Kilby is not too far from you: http://tfradio.net/

Yeah. I live about an hour away. And I work about fifteen minutes away from Charlotte.

Very cool. I will be going to this.

Thanks BaCon! Brian, I'll mention you to the other organizers. I'm sure they'd be interested in talking with you about Charticon! I'm in Charlotte, so I will certainly be there! Adding some updates and info very shortly, too!

It gives us great pleasure to announce our first guest for Charticon will be none other than Daniel Ross!

Anyone who doesn't know Daniel's work needs to brush up on their voice actors! We are thrilled to have him join us for the show.

Big updates to the site! First off I'd like to announce that Registration is live for both Dealers and Artists. Second we have updated the FAQ and Schedule pages with more information about the show. We expect pre-registration for attendees to go live very soon, we are just ironing out a few more details before we proceed.

Dealer Information: Charticon: Dealers

FAQ: Charticon: FAQ

Schedule Information: Charticon: Schedule

Looking forward to a great convention. Thanks!

Charticon

www.facebook.com/Charticon

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-registration is now live for attendees! Check out all the extras you get by preregistering vs. general admission:

Charticon Badge and Program

Free "Energon Goodies" (more info on these later)

One hour early admission to the dealer room on Saturday and Sunday

Access to evening events not open to the public

Option to purchase our exclusive figure before it goes on sale (more info soon)

Check it out at the link below and be sure to get in early as our Friday night event is extremely limited and is first come, first serve.

Attendee Pre-Registration

• 2 weeks later...

We are very happy to announce we've confirmed our second guest for the show, none other than Jon "3.0" Bailey!

Seibertron.com podcast member, Transformers parody and "PRIME reviews" creator Jon "3.0" Bailey is a full-time, professional voice actor known for doing dozens of movie trailers, the voice of Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars Transformers quad-changer toy and more recently for characters in the game XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

We are thrilled to welcome Jon to the show! If you are interested in pre-registering check out our website and be sure to follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on all things Charticon!

Archived