Questions about Masterpiece figures

swoopscream

Just wanted to let you all know I called around to the Toys R Us stores around me and happened to find Thunder Cracker in Davenport Toys R Us where I immediately put off work to buy 2 (one for me, one to get my friend back on the Transformers bandwagon). I feel incredibly lucky to be holding one in my hand. Thanks for the replies!

Bizarrely enough I believe we may have Hasbro to thank for that one, apparently the order came down from on high that stores had to have replenished stock on them until the warehouses supplies are depleted and a quantity had to be set aside for TRU.com as well, now it also appears that in area's where buyer's were buying up TC cases at a time have been corporately mandated to limit one per customer, sounds like Hasbro is sending a message to scalper's to F!!! Off! Lol

Yeah I was freaking thrilled when I got talked to about this!! I nearly fell out of my chair in astonishment too haha. There's obviously some debate over whether Hasbro has the power to put this in place, whether they suggested it and TRU listened or if this was all on TRU, but regardless, bravo to whoever it was that brought the hammer down, and quickly. On behalf of collectors everywhere I want to thank them and hopefully this helps with future releases as well. I'm sure not every store is abiding by it, but it's a step in the right direction that's for sure!

i'm sure it was more TRU than Hasbro...the massive influx of phone calls coming in asking for this toy probably started triggering red flags every where that the upper ups at TRU. I'm glad they did something. Hopefully scalpers will chill out and let others have their day and find the toy. Hasbro has been paid already for the toys, they don't care what happens after it's out of their hands.

We should probably start calling now and ask them to do that with MP Optimus when he comes out. It would be nice if he was 1 per customer as well from the start.

It probably is mostly TRU, but some of the managers there are saying it came from the manufacturer. And yeah, Hasbro has already been paid for these, but I wouldn't completely rule out that they don't care what happens. If this became an all out fiasco, and people truly got pissed off enough, TRU made not order the next MP, or worse, people don't buy it when it comes out. If that happens, now TRU is sitting on stock and won't order any of whatever Hasbro is working on next, and it could very well effect other lines as well. Especially when it comes to the high end collector items, Hasbro knows all too well that it is a niche market and that if the growns up get mad, no more sales (unlike with kids who forgive & forget with the newest shiny object of the month haha). Plus they also know that collectors will spend money to get what they want, and so if we got pissed and stopped buying the MP's from TRU, Takara would get more of our money, which cuts into Hasbro's high end sales. Obviously this is a worst case scenario, but I'm just using it to point out that Hasbro could/should show interest in how this is dealt with even though technically their part of it is over. I work in an automotive tools manufacturing and distribution warehouse with a lot of major accounts (Lowe's/Kobalt, MAC, Walmart & Sams, Pepboys, etc...) and believe me, when we sell off a product to them, once they take it over, we still follow up to make sure that our company is being represented properly & that our name isn't thrown into the mud.

It probably is mostly TRU, but some of the managers there are saying it came from the manufacturer. And yeah, Hasbro has already been paid for these, but I wouldn't completely rule out that they don't care what happens. If this became an all out fiasco, and people truly got pissed off enough, TRU made not order the next MP, or worse, people don't buy it when it comes out. If that happens, now TRU is sitting on stock and won't order any of whatever Hasbro is working on next, and it could very well effect other lines as well. Especially when it comes to the high end collector items, Hasbro knows all too well that it is a niche market and that if the growns up get mad, no more sales (unlike with kids who forgive & forget with the newest shiny object of the month haha). Plus they also know that collectors will spend money to get what they want, and so if we got pissed and stopped buying the MP's from TRU, Takara would get more of our money, which cuts into Hasbro's high end sales. Obviously this is a worst case scenario, but I'm just using it to point out that Hasbro could/should show interest in how this is dealt with even though technically their part of it is over. I work in an automotive tools manufacturing and distribution warehouse with a lot of major accounts (Lowe's/Kobalt, MAC, Walmart & Sams, Pepboys, etc...) and believe me, when we sell off a product to them, once they take it over, we still follow up to make sure that our company is being represented properly & that our name isn't thrown into the mud.

Yup, saying a manufacturer doesn't give a crap about their product once they've been paid for it is false in most cases. They've got a name in the market for a reason, and have a reputation to maintain, I work for an Auto Parts supply store and I have to say that for every product line we carry by whatever manufacturer has it's own promotions and marketing restrictions set by the manufacturer. Once you've got a name in the market you have to work hard to maintain it otherwise people forget about you, so many manufacturer's take a hands-on approach.

Yup, saying a manufacturer doesn't give a crap about their product once they've been paid for it is false in most cases. They've got a name in the market for a reason, and have a reputation to maintain, I work for an Auto Parts supply store and I have to say that for every product line we carry by whatever manufacturer has it's own promotions and marketing restrictions set by the manufacturer. Once you've got a name in the market you have to work hard to maintain it otherwise people forget about you, so many manufacturer's take a hands-on approach.

Haha brothers in the industry huh? Nice!

I've started seeing pics of TRUs with signage posting the "limit 1" & such around the country, so it looks like the word from above is spreading rapidly ... Good! Lol

Archived