Transformers Masterpiece Thundercracker Figure On Sale at ToyRus.com

BaCon

Ok, hit up TRU yesterday after work (even though I'd called and they said zero) and they were right, but I also found out that their trucks were a bit late and being unloaded so stock would be placed overnight IF they had anything. I called first thing this morning and they had him stock. Put one on hold and called in a favor for someone to pick him up for me since I was at work and they could only hold him an hour. (on a side note, I feel horrible... 30+ years old and I'm still asking mommy for help! lmao). But onto the important stuff...

According to management there, they've been told by the District Manager (and Corporate), that there is now going to be a limit of 1 per person because of the scalping problems with the initial release. The manager I spoke to said that had come from the manufacturer. Now this could be lost in translation over where it's coming from, but I checked with all 3 stores here in town, and they all confirmed having stock on hand, and that they were being instructed to limit the purchase to 1 per person. To further this move, ALL TC's are being kept at the Customer Service desk and handed out by management instead of placed on the shelf.

Hope this helps! and from the sounds of it... Bravo TRU/Hasbro (whoever is responsible for calling down the hammer!)

I came across them at my TRU today. I thought since I haven't heard anything to suggest my order from TRU.com won't be sent that I would leave them. Then I got a really bad feeling and went back and bought one a couple of hours later. They were all still there too. Still no word on the one I ordered, I figure when that comes there are a bunch of local guys who are looking, I'll pass it along to one of them.

Yeah I don't blame you, when in doubt pick up what you see! Better safe than sorry, and there is no shortage of people looking for it so you'll be able to trade or sell it off to recoup the expense. I'm going down this evening to see if I can snag an extra one to help out too.

And yeah, scalpers are the scum of the earth! They should be ashamed and dragged in front of the fandom to be mocked, humiliated and degraded :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jackson, MI store had no problem holding one for me until they close tonight. The TCs are apparently out in the store as I was told that mine would have to be picked up at the Customer Service desk. I'll let you know what I find when I get there.

The Jackson, MI store had no problem holding one for me until they close tonight. The TCs are apparently out in the store as I was told that mine would have to be picked up at the Customer Service desk. I'll let you know what I find when I get there.

Well it's about time these things started showing up in actual numbers in Michigan, I may grab an extra one for a custom Skywarp, but only if I happen upon it

Just came back from Jackson, MI with mine. There were two on the shelf still and they were 30 min from closing. If you want one, call ahead and they'll pull it for you until closing.

When I was living in Georgia my "local" TRU said they would not be getting Masterpiece Hot Rod, but they looked up the stock at another TRU an hour and a half away called them and actually walked them through how to sell me the toy over the phone with FREE shipping.

Toys are us may not have the lowest prices but they've come through for me twice in two (very) different states.

I just walked into the Toys R Us in National City, here in California (San Diego), and I asked if they had Thundercracker. The cashier looked it up in the computer and it said that they had four of them on-hand, but the were not on the shelf. She called to the back and the stock guy found "One" and I mean the only "One" case remaining in Southern California. The manager didn't even know they were there. Needless to say, the stock guy brought me the whole case. I didn't have any plans on buying all four of them, but the manager said that I could only have one of them anyway. He personally sells them one per customer. I said "Great", and then he sold me two of them. So I got one for me and a friend. As of 6:30pm, PST, there were two remaining in the store. So if you are local here in San Diego, you better go and get yours.

Archived