Ding Dong The Prime is Dead!

Reluttr

Well no matter what Armada will always be known as Pokeformers, with Arms Micron you don't have to catch them all, and still better than Zordformers, though Dragonformers Z is still respectable with Super Saiyin Optimus

WTF?

Transformers Armada - Pokeformers (Gotta get all the minicons)

Transformers Energon - Zordformers (Power Rangers)

Transformers Cybertron (Dragonformers Z) (Think Hot Shot, Scattorshot, Red Alert, Megatron/Galvatron)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have noticed a new flooding of Cyberverse figures, including Flamewar, Breakdown and Dreadwing. I have also noticed the new Powerizer Prime and BB, as well as the Knockout playset. However, deluxes are at a standstill.

And I thought there was supposed to be this HUGE focus on DELUXE figures this year??? I could completely do without any of the other variations, but it really doesn't make a whole lotta sense for the deluxe size figures, the FEATURED product, to be dead in the water. I already see a troublesome pattern branching out to the FoC line (only 3?) and Generations (?). Even with all the other products to consider, the significant lacking and marginalization of the bread-and-butter brand is what's annoying most of us. Then to add insult to injury, something's must be going on with distribution. Sounds like marketing and sales needs to get it together, so that production can do what it needs to do: PRODUCE! Consumers are chomping at the bit, ready and waiting...

I think there is very little doubt that since deluxe figures have risen beyond $9.99 they've started becoming a harder sell than they ever were before. Now the Cyberverse commanders seem to be taking over the sales the deluxes used to get. They've succeeded in making half the figure at twice the price and I doubt if the deluxe prices have stopped going up just yet. Don't be surprised if after this holiday season they end up being $17.99-$18.99 in most places.

All bets are off now. Prices are insanely out of control among retailers and anything is possible.

I think there is very little doubt that since deluxe figures have risen beyond $9.99 they've started becoming a harder sell than they ever were before. Now the Cyberverse commanders seem to be taking over the sales the deluxes used to get. They've succeeded in making half the figure at twice the price and I doubt if the deluxe prices have stopped going up just yet. Don't be surprised if after this holiday season they end up being $17.99-$18.99 in most places.

All bets are off now. Prices are insanely out of control among retailers and anything is possible.

Which would end up being the death of the Deluxe, as the Voyagers continue to hover at $19.99 (not including TRU)

Which is sad, because Deluxe is the biggest seller, size class wise. I have noticed that some retailers are actually starting to drop the price of the Deluxes, probably because they realized that they were moving when the price was lower.

So I think we are going to see a major drop in the coming months instead of a major hike. Hell TRU has dropped the price down to $13.99 for the final Generations figures, and hasn't even dared to raise the price on the Prime and FOC figures above $14.99

Meanwhile Walmart is in the middle of discussing dropping the price on the Deluxes, since their price for them is not the lowest any where. I'm sure once more people force Walmart to Price match Target and TRU they will rop the price forcing the others to follow.

Hell FRY's is still $12.99 for Prime Deluxes

Which would end up being the death of the Deluxe, as the Voyagers continue to hover at $19.99 (not including TRU)

Which is sad, because Deluxe is the biggest seller, size class wise. I have noticed that some retailers are actually starting to drop the price of the Deluxes, probably because they realized that they were moving when the price was lower.

So I think we are going to see a major drop in the coming months instead of a major hike. Hell TRU has dropped the price down to $13.99 for the final Generations figures, and hasn't even dared to raise the price on the Prime and FOC figures above $14.99

Meanwhile Walmart is in the middle of discussing dropping the price on the Deluxes, since their price for them is not the lowest any where. I'm sure once more people force Walmart to Price match Target and TRU they will rop the price forcing the others to follow.

Hell FRY's is still $12.99 for Prime Deluxes

Yeah Meijer in my area has Prime and FOC at $11.99 for deluxes, and the best selection of figures around as well, Walmart has absolutely nothing on Meijer as far as stock goes. Also Meijer has 0 stock of Cyberverse, only Deluxes and Voyagers. Basically there is absolutely no point of having Walmart price match since they don't carry anything worth buying.

Archived