International eBayer Headache!!!!

Dark_Supreme_Jetfire

Ok, so here is the deal. I put up 80% of my collection on ebay and specifically stated I only ship only in the US since what I am listing would cost more to ship overseas that the items themselves. So I had this guy send me a message how much it would cost to ship to China and I wasn't going to be able to answer him until this morning. Well the good thing is what he was asking about sold before I could return a message, but there is a downside. This guy ended up buying 2 of my listings for a total of $375 with shipping at $50 total. These were my Universe 1.0 and Energon collections and after i packed everything up and weighed it, it came out

Mind you, this was YEARS ago, but I had a laptop I sold, and VEHEMENTLY stated I only shipped to continental US and Canada. Some guy in India asks me how much to ship to him. I tell him I won't, and that I'd end remove any bids he placed. He sniped my auction, and I bluntly explained that I would not send an invoice, and I would not ship the item. There may even be menu options for reporting purchases by people outside of your listing requirements. You should be in the clear... you may just have to jump through some hoops.

However, if they're willing to pay the shipping for it... and you tell them you won't ship until you get the money... I dunno, it might be worth it. Otherwise you can 2nd offer the other folks who had bid under this guy.

There's always the possibility that he's going to try and pull a fast one, like send you the money, then try and claim the items aren't as described or some garbage. But if you're not accepting returns, and everything's as-is, and all sales are final, etc... I'd just base your call off whether he's got good feedback so far.

GOOD LUCK.

Mind you, this was YEARS ago, but I had a laptop I sold, and VEHEMENTLY stated I only shipped to continental US and Canada. Some guy in India asks me how much to ship to him. I tell him I won't, and that I'd end remove any bids he placed. He sniped my auction, and I bluntly explained that I would not send an invoice, and I would not ship the item. There may even be menu options for reporting purchases by people outside of your listing requirements. You should be in the clear... you may just have to jump through some hoops.

However, if they're willing to pay the shipping for it... and you tell them you won't ship until you get the money... I dunno, it might be worth it. Otherwise you can 2nd offer the other folks who had bid under this guy.

There's always the possibility that he's going to try and pull a fast one, like send you the money, then try and claim the items aren't as described or some garbage. But if you're not accepting returns, and everything's as-is, and all sales are final, etc... I'd just base your call off whether he's got good feedback so far.

GOOD LUCK.

Well he does have a 100% Positive Feedback of 67. When I went to eBays resolution tab there is an option to cancel the transaction and since he has yet to pay, should i go ahead and do that? Oh and it was a Buy it Now items so there would be no 2nd Offer for them unfortunately.

Update: Since he hasn't paid yet I sent him an invoice where I was able to adjust the shipping cost, so now he either pays the amount or he'll have no option for me to cancel the transactions. What I don't get is when I sent him the invoice it gave me his address listed in Pennsylvania. Talk about infuriating.

GOOD LUCK.

Well he does have a 100% Positive Feedback of 67. When I went to eBays resolution tab there is an option to cancel the transaction and since he has yet to pay, should i go ahead and do that? Oh and it was a Buy it Now items so there would be no 2nd Offer for them unfortunately.

Update: Since he hasn't paid yet I sent him an invoice where I was able to adjust the shipping cost, so now he either pays the amount or he'll have no option for me to cancel the transactions. What I don't get is when I sent him the invoice it gave me his address listed in Pennsylvania. Talk about infuriating.

He did that to get past any blocks the seller put on the listings to prevent international sales. If this guy does not pay within 24 hours file a "non-payment" case and get a strike on his account.

GOOD LUCK.

He did that to get past any blocks the seller put on the listings to prevent international sales. If this guy does not pay within 24 hours file a "non-payment" case and get a strike on his account.

Well good news, he had no problem paying the $$ for shipping. He sent the payment and all I got to do is pack the stuff up and send it out. Who would have thought someone would actually want the Universe 1.0 figures?

Make sure to READ his feedback before actually shipping. Buyers can't be left negative feedback so by going by the 100% could be misleading. So read it and make sure he's legit. I'm assuming the package is big enough that it's not being shipped first class. Make sure to get a service where tracking is available to protect you from the "i didn't get it" scam. That's a lot of money he just paid you, and i'm sure you'd like to make sure to keep your portion. It might be a few bucks more but i would do it. Here's what PayPal says about purchases of $250 or more....

"For payments over $250 USD (or local currency equivalent, including shipping and tax), be sure that you have signature confirmation of delivery in addition to proof of shipment. If a buyer files a claim, you must respond to our requests for information as outlined in our communications to you."

I know he has positive feedback but still, shipping international is scary.

Make sure to READ his feedback before actually shipping. Buyers can't be left negative feedback so by going by the 100% could be misleading. So read it and make sure he's legit. I'm assuming the package is big enough that it's not being shipped first class. Make sure to get a service where tracking is available to protect you from the "i didn't get it" scam. That's a lot of money he just paid you, and i'm sure you'd like to make sure to keep your portion. It might be a few bucks more but i would do it. Here's what PayPal says about purchases of $250 or more....

"For payments over $250 USD (or local currency equivalent, including shipping and tax), be sure that you have signature confirmation of delivery in addition to proof of shipment. If a buyer files a claim, you must respond to our requests for information as outlined in our communications to you."

I know he has positive feedback but still, shipping international is scary.

I did go through all of his feedback and it was all good, nothing stood out. ALL were positive. They guy had good communication with me as we were "ironing" out the details.

Oh, i plan on getting tracking and signature(if available)

DEFINITELY get tracking and signature confirmation. Don't skimp on it. If you don't, and there's an issue, you will be left in the lurch. PayPal's seller protection program require proper insurance, proper packing (usually 3" of cushion around the item) and a signed receipt of delivery to validate a claim. Without any of that, he can pull a one-up on you and say he never got it. PayPal will always side with them since you didn't follow instruction.

A fried lost $200 on a camera due to this.

Personally, I would ship the items to the PA address and let him figure out how to get it to China. Once it leaves the US, you will have bigger problems should a dispute arise.

i lost $45 recently because of it too. Buyer from China was shady as shit though and i should have payed attention to the signs. He had low feedback and his feedback was private (RED FLAG RIGHT THERE). I now will block buyers with private feedback!

Archived