TF CLUB - anti scalpers overhaull

Backfire

I personally don't see anything wrong with being able to order 2 of each figure, I do feel that should be the absolute max though.

I'm not sure why there should be a limit. Since they'll make enough to fill all pre-orders, someone ordering 200 (if they really wanted to) does nothing to keep anyone else from getting the toy if they want it.

(The price thing, I'm with you all on)

Oh you must either not have been a member or are friendly with them. Cause that whole they make enough is SOOOOOOO NOT true. I had been a member 5 years in a row. And every time a GOOD figure preorder went live 2 things would happen the site would go down or they would sell out 10 minutes after they went live On a PREORDER? So you can't tell me that they make more then enough for everyone. I honestly think they make a certain amount based on cost and they say screw everyone else. Which costs them lost revenue. The club is a joke and needs to be taken over by Hasbro already.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't see anything wrong with being able to order 2 of each figure, I do feel that should be the absolute max though.

I'm not sure why there should be a limit. Since they'll make enough to fill all pre-orders, someone ordering 200 (if they really wanted to) does nothing to keep anyone else from getting the toy if they want it.

(The price thing, I'm with you all on)

Oh you must either not have been a member or are friendly with them. Cause that whole they make enough is SOOOOOOO NOT true. I had been a member 5 years in a row. And every time a GOOD figure preorder went live 2 things would happen the site would go down or they would sell out 10 minutes after they went live On a PREORDER? So you can't tell me that they make more then enough for everyone. I honestly think they make a certain amount based on cost and they say screw everyone else. Which costs them lost revenue. The club is a joke and needs to be taken over by Hasbro already.

I agree with Cyb and I'm not even a member, every time I've had the chance I refuse to join what is obviously a pathetically run group. It is not even a real club, plus when they put out information. It is usually weeks old

The best way to combat scalpers is to NOT PAY SCALPER PRICES. Wow, it's really _that_ simple.

Goki's Golden Rule: Pay original retail price or less. Never above. If I can't find a toy for close to RRP then I just don't get that toy. We all vote with our wallets and the best way to combat scalpers is to NOT give them our business.

The best way to combat scalpers is to NOT PAY SCALPER PRICES. Wow, it's really _that_ simple.

Goki's Golden Rule: Pay original retail price or less. Never above. If I can't find a toy for close to RRP then I just don't get that toy. We all vote with our wallets and the best way to combat scalpers is to NOT give them our business.

As far as I know you are the only person to use that rule. Gok believe it or not but people would rather pay more for the figure in order to have it, instead of going with out it. And actually the best thing to do if you can not find something at retail is not to go without it, but to find the cheapest seller. Those of us in America can't just go to Walmart and buy the Takara version or the Takara exclusives.

Sorry but to go without because something is not retail priced is not only stupid but narrowminded, and would not allow a collection to grow like it would. Take my collection for example, it is a mix of Hasbro and Takara, mostly secondary market over 1,000 figures and would not be as big if I did not sometimes pay above retail at times.

The best thing to do about scalpers isn't to not pay their prices, but to have the scalpers fight among among themselves, so they forced to lower their prices. And that is by, buying the cheapest out there. Case in point HA Sound wave, cheapest I have seen him is $50, the most is $150. If everyone bought the cheap one than the seller with only one Sound wave at $150 would be forced to lower the price on their Sound wave in order to sell it.

It's basic common sense and basic economics, supply and demand

There's two emotions tha trump your golden rule: Temptation and Regret

having patience also comes in handy. I was completely oblivious to the TFCC P/CP set and didnt see it until it was well too late to buy it for anything that resembled cheap. I remember looking a year ago or so and seeing this set sell for $200-$300 consistently. I finally found an auction that had an initial price of $120 and won it at $124. Yea, thats still a considerable mark up from Retail but considering how highly sought after it was, i think i got it for a reasonable price. I'm very happy with that purchase. I'm sure it also helped that P/CP got KOed... I picked up a United stepper here recently for $80 loose... only reason why i did was because at the same time, there was a box only for him from a different seller. So i'm now a happy owner of a boxed Stepper for $90. Easily saved $30 here. both of these took a lot of waiting and patience. Scalpers feed off of people who don't have patience. People are paying for the convenience of not having to do any work.

Why did someone have to remind me that I don't own an HA Soundwave?

Your not the only one who doesn't have HA Soundwave, Breaker. I do not have him either

but another good example is DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack, I got Deluxe Soundwave for $34 total, which is a fair price, considering that he never showed up at retail. Wheeljack BBTS wanted $40 for him plus $8 shipping. I managed to get him for $35 total on the secondary market. and both were from scalpers, one from China the other from Taiwan. Because over there the scalpers are fighting amongst themselves so the products are cheaper, and most of the time they are cheaper than BBTS, TF Source, Toy Arena, and Robot Kingdom. So right now the scalpers to buy from are from Asia, where it is cheaper. and you do not mind waiting sometimes 2 weeks for your figure to arrive.

specifics just got announced for the club subscription. Price for all 6 is $282 ($47ish a figure) plus shipping. Can make 3 payments of $94 plus shipping. There is no limit to how many you can order and no reason to rush to order. They will make a set per order. You HAVE to be a club member (no surprise here). Deadline is September 10. they may or may not have individual figures left over after subscribers receive theirs. if they did, the figures will be priced much higher.

So pretty much no reason worry. everyone who wants a figure can order a whole set. they wont sell out.

Archived