New Robocop Movie Gets Transformer Makeover - A Good or Bad Thing?

BaCon

New%20Robocop%20Movie%20Gets%20Transformer%20Makeover%20-%20A%20Good%20or%20Bad%20Thing__scaled_100.jpg
I don't know if we should be happy or sad about this news. Most Transformers fans know what kind of hurt Micheal Bay's vision (or lack of) has put on the franchise. Even though the moves raked in a ton of money, it left our beloved robots behind for retail roadkill. Now, there's a rumor circling that the new Robocop could be rebooted as a Transformer. According to the post over at Bleeding Cool, the robot cop we all know and love is getting a makeover with a “social mode” that transforms to “combat mode” and back. Even if the news is untrue, what do you think about Hollywood Transforming our favorite movies like this? Read the Full News Story Here

Well...letting the Bayverse loose....it was inevitable this would happen. Transformers raked in so much money that in Hollywood that means they should add that to every movie...you know...since they ran out of ideas....:tfevil

This story kind of seems like a sensational piece.

What's it have to do with Micheal Bay or Transformers, other than seeming like a chance to do an swipe at the guy/Bayverse? Fine fine, we get it. You don't like it/him. Not forcing a swipe every chance you get would make certain "news" stories more enjoyable to read.

Just because Robocop goes between a "Social" and "Combat" modes, it hardly gives him a "Transformers" makeover. If that was the case, might as well consider Gundam Unicorn going from "Unicorn" to "Destroy" mode or someone going from a professional to casual event and back a Transformer.

That said, it kind of seems like they're missing the point as a "social" mode would make it seem like Robocop has a life outside of being Robocop. I would think that would be one of the human traits lost in the process that makes him Robocop.

Sorry about the confusion. Its not about Bay. The post is asking: "What do you think about Hollywood Transforming our favorite movies like this?"

JMO, but I see this as Hollywood being clueless thinking people love the Transforming robots. It is the Characters that bring me back again again. And as we saw with Battleship. The Bay treatment didn't help at all.

I disagree about the robots being roadkill, they were awesome, so BaCon, I will agree to disagree with you on that point. (No sense starting a new argument about it)

As far as Robocop being a Transformer, a Cyborg Transformer for that matter, I think is stupid. But still I will hold judgement and hope that rumor is not true. Besides I have more important thingsd to worry about this week.

The Hunger Games is being released this Friday

So Robocop will be getting a Leg Humping mode? Or will the reboot be all about some horny male teen who wants a quickie all the time while suffering from a terminal case of 'Brainless Idiot Syndrome' with crazy parents and there's a cyborg cop once in a while who pees on people, humps legs and probably comes in yellow and black racing stripes.

And things explode simply for the sake of exploding while there is a lot of army recruitment advertising every few seconds of the non-horny male teen moments.

Sounds like a typical summer blockbuster.

"Stop, citizen, you are in violation of the...beeep... lubricating mode active....beeep...leg hump mode active, this is for your own protection...beeeeep"

I disagree about the robots being roadkill, they were awesome, so BaCon, I will agree to disagree with you on that point. (No sense starting a new argument about it)

Point. Actually I was referring to the retailers not carrying them. I will update the post to say "retailer roadkill" :thumb

Archived