quick question about RID Vehicon/Jet Vehicon

Hellscream85

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried taking the clear plastic off the chest? I want to for my Jet Vehicon, but I'm afraid to since I can't find a good way to do it :-\

Try looking around some forums. I do believe there is a how to somewhere about doing it safely. It can be taken apart, but I think some part is glued and takes some extreme care in removing. I haven't done it myself, I chose to leave the stickers off of mine, from what I hear of random reports, it's not a bad thing. I hear they get the tendency to peel and get curled corners, I hate that.

Actually after I finally received my Jet Vehicon in the mail, I did find a way to safely remove the chestplate, most of the glue seems to have been applied to the inside of the robot abdomen, remove a few screws and it's just a simple matter of scraping the glue off the area surrounding the clear plastic, then you can just push the chest plate off from the inside. Since it was my first attempt, I ended up appying too much pressure when pushing them out, and created a couple minor stress marks on the clear plastic piece, thankfully though once chest piece has been put back in place they're barely noticeable.

Archived