TCC figure subscription service

Hellscream85

Really need to see prices before I decide what I want to do here. Also, I wonder if members get a discount on the subscription they way we do on BotCon packages?

I'm not sure I understand the question. I don't think non-members can get a subscription. At all. That would be the same as with current member exclusives (where the "non-member price" on the old store would simply be the price of a membership added on).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad marketing here. If you want to earn potential customers' trust, you have to be upfront. That means giving them pricing and all the details up front. Otherwise, who knows what you're paying for ahead of time? It's not like they've had a good track record before.

Really need to see prices before I decide what I want to do here. Also, I wonder if members get a discount on the subscription they way we do on BotCon packages?

The subscription includes the BotCon discount. You can't get a discount on the subscription.

Bad marketing here. If you want to earn potential customers' trust, you have to be upfront. That means giving them pricing and all the details up front. Otherwise, who knows what you're paying for ahead of time? It's not like they've had a good track record before.

The subscription includes the BotCon discount. You can't get a discount on the subscription.

I'm more worried that if I decide to do the subscription just for Scourge and one other, will my credit card info get stolen like what happened before to members?

Also, they really need to put out prices now, but then like what Blitz said, they are more known for bad managing of everything, than they are about good stuff.

Well I guess it would be better for them to not give a price than to say go "its $200" then raise the price unexpectedly 2 hours before the subscription opens....

Id still like a rough estimate price though, otherwise I get the feeling they are seeing how popular this will be and charging "accordingly".

Honestly though, if this is above $200 they can count me out. Because these figures are strictly no-frills, no special box, no bio card, nothing. Figure and instructions in a clear baggy in a white mailer shipped with parcel post or w/e they use that takes weeks to arrive. Not to mention that a good chunk of the set is filler for most people...

Breakdown and Scourge are really the only two that are non filler, honestly Circuit is a waste, Ultra Mammoth is a travesty, Jackpot and Slipstream serve no purpose. Non of them have been remolded or given a new head. So they should be cheap, and hopefully one does not have to buy all of the figures otherwise, the end cap will be full of them, not even going to bring up eBay and the people who buy just to resell

Actually, the membership includes the BotCon discount, and you have to be a member to get a subscription (see my post above). But you are correct, you almost certainly won't be getting a discount on the subscription, for the reasons I already stated.

But membership is not the same as a subscription. The subscription is extra.

Breakdown and Scourge are really the only two that are non filler, honestly Circuit is a waste, Ultra Mammoth is a travesty, Jackpot and Slipstream serve no purpose. Non of them have been remolded or given a new head. So they should be cheap, and hopefully one does not have to buy all of the figures otherwise, the end cap will be full of them, not even going to bring up eBay and the people who buy just to resell

The most recent issue of the club magazine specifically says that two of the figures will have new heads.

Now, I'm guessing that one of those two is Breakdown, which would just have the head already created for G2 Breakdown. The other is probably Slipstream, but I don't recall from the pictures we saw from BotCon.

I misunderstood then. You have to have a membership to get a subscription? Sounds like an extra layer of member extortion to me. So much potential... sigh

Actually, the membership includes the BotCon discount, and you have to be a member to get a subscription (see my post above). But you are correct, you almost certainly won't be getting a discount on the subscription, for the reasons I already stated.

The most recent issue of the club magazine specifically says that two of the figures will have new heads.

Now, I'm guessing that one of those two is Breakdown, which would just have the head already created for G2 Breakdown. The other is probably Slipstream, but I don't recall from the pictures we saw from BotCon.

Nope, check the pic of Circuit again, there's one new head right there, and Breakdown probably has the other.

Nope, check the pic of Circuit again, there's one new head right there, and Breakdown probably has the other.

I saw the pic. Just didn't know that original mold enough to know that wasn't the original mold's head.

The point remains. We have been promised new heads, but I'm guessing that one of those (again, Breakdown) isn't really "new" so much as "not originally part of the mold."

Actually the head for Circuit, is the same head they used for Axor in the 2010 line, so that is not a new head, and because G2 Breakdown already used the head, I don't consider G1 Breakdown to have a new head either

So that only leaves Slipstream, since she is using the Prime FE Starscream mold. So only one figure actually would have a new head, thus their promise of 2 with new heads is a lie.

Archived