Guess what my latest custom is gonna be...

Backfire

You Youngins are killin me!

I was one of the first to dub this non-transformer diaclone Switchblade, which was also the name of the MASK Hellicopter / jet from that time, same color too.

Infact, if you do a Google Image search right now of "Diaclone Switchblade" the first 2 hits are MINE!

I have one for sale on my table at The Bigfleamart.com, and the cartoon work in the second link was a drawing I did years ago under my original handle 'The Weeter'

Look at these bots side by side, I just can't WAIT to start working on retooling the head, and painting the body blue.

Just have to figure out how to add a jet mode.

If I were to use Tomahawk as a body for Whirl, I'd snag the head off FOC Shockwave, remove the side head fins and make one an antenna.

Whirl was not Diaclone, it was a Pre-Transformer toy from a series called Dorvak, and it was a machine flown by a girl, so does that make Whirl a female?

I'm not so young at 35. I honestly don't have much knowledge on Diaclone aside from what was imported here as Transformers, although I did know Whirl came from the Dorvak line. Still, very interesting concept. Can't wait to see the finished results. Also, I think using the 2007 movie line Swindle's head would be better for a Whirl. The reasoning: Have you seen how small FoC Shockwave's head is?????

Shockwave's head is still much better proportioned for Tomahawk's body though, comparatively Swindle's head is huge and would not accommodate transformation.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, Shockwave's head is too small. That's the only FOC toy I bought and I posted how dang small and over priced it was.

One of the bay-formers with the cyclopse head will do if one were to make a Whirl.

But I'm making switchblade! I have to figure out how to make add on wings and a jet nose to make it work... Chopper and bot are set.

SMALL FAVOR to ask, anybody have a close up shot of Switchblades head?

I have not found my picts of mine, and I could use a little boost. Thanks

Could voyager movie Shockwave's head work for Whirl on the Tomahawk mold? I don't own either toy so I'm not sure Tomahawk's body is big enough and/or Shockwave's undersized enough.

Could voyager movie Shockwave's head work for Whirl on the Tomahawk mold? I don't own either toy so I'm not sure Tomahawk's body is big enough and/or Shockwave's undersized enough.

I have the Voyager Shockwave, but haven't opened him. If I recall, I believe it might be a little too big, but that's a good idea. Don't quote me on that though. It's possible it could fit.

Sorry to get off topic, but speaking of head swaps, I had WFC Cliffjumper in vehicle mode sitting in front of Classics Cliffjumper, and I swapped heads because I got tired of seeing Classics Cliffy and Classics BB with the same head sculpt. It really is an acceptable swap!!

Fd, you've now got to the same place with your classics Cliffy as 90% of the fandom. Lol

I bought a custom cast head years ago for mine, which I had to paint myself. I did however manage to paint it exactly the same shade of red as the rest of CJ

Archived