$$15.73 Deluxes??!!??

RUMBLEBEE

This is one reason why I import most of my collection, though if I have to go online to buy Hasbro Transformers, I'm just going to be done with Hasbro and send all of my money to Takara.

Which would bother my wallet more that it bothering me personally

If this is true, then Hasbro is wasting everybody's time showcasing TF's that will end up being canceled and not able to get.

I can honestly see the Prime figures getting the axe, or worse all we see are Cyberverse at Dollar stores. But when we do see TF4, I'm sure Walmart will cave in like what Breaker said.

So far Prime has been a disappointment on the figure side, but that is Hasbro's fault. Remember the big hoopla about Battleship? I swear 2 weeks after it bombed in theaters all the toys

and merchandise disappeared from the shelves.

On thing I forgot to mention about my talk to the Walmart manager was, that Walmart wants to concentrate on action figures, because of The Avengers and Spider-Man, even though he admitted that the new Spider-Man

toys were doing worse than Transformers selling wise. I joked that all the Transformers Bumblebee's are selling better than the Spider-Man toys? he laughed and said yes LOL

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one reason why I import most of my collection, though if I have to go online to buy Hasbro Transformers, I'm just going to be done with Hasbro and send all of my money to Takara.

Which would bother my wallet more that it bothering me personally

If this is true, then Hasbro is wasting everybody's time showcasing TF's that will end up being canceled and not able to get.

I can honestly see the Prime figures getting the axe, or worse all we see are Cyberverse at Dollar stores. But when we do see TF4, I'm sure Walmart will cave in like what Breaker said.

So far Prime has been a disappointment on the figure side, but that is Hasbro's fault. Remember the big hoopla about Battleship? I swear 2 weeks after it bombed in theaters all the toys

and merchandise disappeared from the shelves.

On thing I forgot to mention about my talk to the Walmart manager was, that Walmart wants to concentrate on action figures, because of The Avengers and Spider-Man, even though he admitted that the new Spider-Man

toys were doing worse than Transformers selling wise. I joked that all the Transformers Bumblebee's are selling better than the Spider-Man toys? he laughed and said yes LOL

I think that right there is reason why stores are dropping the TF line's all together. Too many BB's are sitting there and not moving. That just gives the stores the reason to not order anything. So I got the feeling that Hellscream is right, all these nice figures we have seen previewed will be cancelled or such a limited release that the after market prices will be insane. Think Titanium UM or Cybertron Cryo Scourge.

That's weird to hear, because at the Target about a mile from my house is still stocking TFs. (They stocked at least 2 cases of FoC today). On the note of paying more and getting less figure, how do you guys feel about paying $100 for a deluxe size 3rd Party figure like PE RC (with a little bit of diecast albeit), or voyager size TW Hegemon? (I'm not going into these toys being legal or not... just talking about value). I was thinking the other day, for $100, I could get a Masterpiece sized toy from Hasbro.

That's weird to hear, because at the Target about a mile from my house is still stocking TFs. (They stocked at least 2 cases of FoC today). On the note of paying more and getting less figure, how do you guys feel about paying $100 for a deluxe size 3rd Party figure like PE RC (with a little bit of diecast albeit), or voyager size TW Hegemon? (I'm not going into these toys being legal or not... just talking about value). I was thinking the other day, for $100, I could get a Masterpiece sized toy from Hasbro.

I think that it depends on the quality of the figure. If the product is done right it is worth the money. I shelled out the $600 for TFCToys Hercules and $90 for PE Not- Reflector. Not once have I had regrets about purchasing those. Now the price bump from $15 to $35 on iGears mini-warriors has me frowning as I got the MakeToys 2-pack for $30. You also have to remember that the 3rd party stuff is being made to give us fans more variety on figures that Hasbro won't make. I mean how many BB's do we really need. I plan on getting TFCToys Superion even though i have FanProjects upgrade kit.

The major point there is the combo of both paying more, and getting less at the same time, if Hasbro put the kind of effort and ingenuity into the main lines as many of the third parties have with releases like Hercules, Giant, PE RC, Hegemon, etc.. and only raised the price at retail I'd be cool with paying a few more bucks for them. But to raise the retail price by 50% while reducing both size and quality, making it feel like deluxe and Legion class figures are working with the same production budget? I could easily compare modern deluxes (Hasbro figures made to shit standards) to Impossible Toys Valkyrie (a third party figure made to shit standards).

Bottom line if Deluxes were still being made up to the same grade as they were two years ago, I wouldn't even really catch myself bitching if I had to pay $20 for those.

It is the quality of the figure I look at and is there a chance that Hasbro would make them? For Hegemon and Warbot Defender along with the FP armor upgrades the answer is no from Hasbro, and the quality of Hegemony and FP products sold me on those. If Hasbro would have kept the quality then these price rises would not be a big deal.

The major point there is the combo of both paying more, and getting less at the same time, if Hasbro put the kind of effort and ingenuity into the main lines as many of the third parties have with releases like Hercules, Giant, PE RC, Hegemon, etc.. and only raised the price at retail I'd be cool with paying a few more bucks for them. But to raise the retail price by 50% while reducing both size and quality, making it feel like deluxe and Legion class figures are working with the same production budget? I could easily compare modern deluxes (Hasbro figures made to shit standards) to Impossible Toys Valkyrie (a third party figure made to shit standards).

Bottom line if Deluxes were still being made up to the same grade as they were two years ago, I wouldn't even really catch myself bitching if I had to pay $20 for those.

Exactly

SHUT UP!!!

We pay $25-30 for Deluxes in Australia too! In fact, that's the standard price for Deluxes in most places outside North America!! Oh my freaking god, $15.73?!? We pay $18-20 for our COMMANDER CLASS figures, and $15 for SCOUTS! It would be a DREAM for us if we could buy Deluxes for just $15.73!! (T-T)

Next time you think a toy is too expensive, spare a thought for the rest of the planet outside USA/Canada who typically pay:

+ Legion Class = $7

+ Scout Class = $15

+ Commander Class = $18

+ Deluxe Class = $30

+ Voyager Class = $50

+ Leader Class = $100

...and unlike the Euro Zone, the Australian economy is strong! The Aussie Dollar is STRONGER than the US Dollar, and yet we still pay way more for our toys!! :( And before someone asks "So why don't you just import from America?" the answer is because US and Canada Post - for some stupid reason - charges ridiculous amounts of money to send things to Australia. Seriously... if I send something from Australia to USA or Canada, Australia Posts charges me a LOT less than what US or Canada Post charges to have something sent here. You guys have cheaper toys, but you get seriously ripped off by your postal services for the cost of international postage. So go bring your pitchforks to your local post office and get them to make their prices cheaper!

SHUT UP!!!

We pay $25-30 for Deluxes in Australia too! In fact, that's the standard price for Deluxes in most places outside North America!! Oh my freaking god, $15.73?!? We pay $18-20 for our COMMANDER CLASS figures, and $15 for SCOUTS! It would be a DREAM for us if we could buy Deluxes for just $15.73!! (T-T)

Next time you think a toy is too expensive, spare a thought for the rest of the planet outside USA/Canada who typically pay:

+ Legion Class = $7

+ Scout Class = $15

+ Commander Class = $18

+ Deluxe Class = $30

+ Voyager Class = $50

+ Leader Class = $100

...and unlike the Euro Zone, the Australian economy is strong! The Aussie Dollar is STRONGER than the US Dollar, and yet we still pay way more for our toys!! :( And before someone asks "So why don't you just import from America?" the answer is because US and Canada Post - for some stupid reason - charges ridiculous amounts of money to send things to Australia. Seriously... if I send something from Australia to USA or Canada, Australia Posts charges me a LOT less than what US or Canada Post charges to have something sent here. You guys have cheaper toys, but you get seriously ripped off by your postal services for the cost of international postage. So go bring your pitchforks to your local post office and get them to make their prices cheaper!

Goktimus, I think most of everybody's issue is that Hasbro is charging more, but you're getting less. Compare War for Cybertron Optimus Prime to the Fall of Cybertron version. The WFC version is bigger, at least twice as complex and has more paint apps. All of that for $9.99 in most U.S. areas. FOC Prime is a good figure, but not worth the $15 they're charging for it. Like a lot of people have already said, I don't mind paying more (I'll probably buy less figures because of the increase), but I want to feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

I finally saw FOC Generations Shockwave (three actually) along with multiples of Prime and Jazz. Holy CRAP are these guys small. Never thought I'd say this but they were an easy pass. I was only really interested in Shockwave, but he was about as big as a GI Joe figure. I'd get him if I find it marked down or on clearance, but it's insulting to customers/collectors and fans that Hasbro charges more for less.

As far as toy prices in Australia, I remember when I went there back in 1995, a Playstation ONE cost like $700 (Aussie) dollars...so yeah you guys always have higher prices but that's because the power or your dollar compared to the greenback, in addition to import costs, etc.....but hey. at least you guys can get kangaroo meat fairly cheap.

I too was mostly disappointed by Shockwave's size, but I think of it this way, my collection is more or less expanded G1, which if I ever decided to write a fan-fic would have all these characters coming together, plucked from different universes and time periods. This Shockwave to me us how I'd see Shockwave right when he was recruited into Decepticon ranks, before he upgraded his body. He was a scientist so his initial alt mode would reasonably have been some sort of survey ship, which would have been retrofitted into a gunship after signing up with the Decepticons, and would also explain his lack of a gun arm (minus pegging the gun onto the toys arm). Naturally he would've possessed a smaller body since for his initial profession he would not have needed the physical power most incarnations of him possessed until he began to challenge Megs for leadership.

Archived