$$15.73 Deluxes??!!??

RUMBLEBEE

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, Walamrt now states that they will not price-match their online pricing. :wtf

That is where you hit them with false advertising, because of the commercial where they state it. I've forced them to do the price match.

You can claim ignorance of them not honoring online pricing and still claim the commercial.

Talked to one of the managers at Walmart, apparently they are trying to phase out Transformers. I highly doubt that will last, but they said it was for the same reason we are all complaining about distribution and not getting any new product, oh and Prime not being a consistent seller.

That doesn't surprise me. Walmarts have been clean of new TF product for weeks. Target is resetting, but this could be bad news for TF and Hasbro since Walmart is the #1 toy retailer in the US.

FWIW, Walamrt now states that they will not price-match their online pricing. :wtf

That is where you hit them with false advertising, because of the commercial where they state it. I've forced them to do the price match.

You can claim ignorance of them not honoring online pricing and still claim the commercial.

Actually, their most recent TV ad I saw stated in readable lettering that "Price match not vaild for Walmart.com prices" :shrug

Good! If Wal-Mart phases out Transformers that means Hasbro will have to so some serious internal overhauling to get them back in stores. I'm not worried that TFs will go away forever either because TF4 is on the way, Wal-Mart will cave on that. Maybe a little wake up call will do Hasbro some good in the long run, smack around their wallet a little bit.

Good! If Wal-Mart phases out Transformers that means Hasbro will have to so some serious internal overhauling to get them back in stores. I'm not worried that TFs will go away forever either because TF4 is on the way, Wal-Mart will cave on that. Maybe a little wake up call will do Hasbro some good in the long run, smack around their wallet a little bit.

.....or this could lead to the cancellation of Prime, as well as all those nice new Generations figures we were previewed at SDCC, causing Hasbro to only focus on movie-related lines....

I look at it like this: It's Hasbro's baby to do with what they want. If they want to put it to sleep and drop off some revenue, that's their choice, be it good or bad for them and the toy people(kids and us bigger kids). I have plenty of bots to enjoy to be honest and what few I have been buying of late have been from third parties and Takara. It would kinda suck to not have new reliable stuff coming in locally(not that it would be that different from now, it's been really thin of late), however it would lighten my collecting load and the hammering on my wallet.

Do what ya gotta do Hasbro.

Peaugh tweeted that one of the Targets he frequents got rid of Transformers. To hear this Wal-Mart manager saying it, yikes. Not looking good for Transformers.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, off hand. Right now, I'm kind of fine with it. I could stand to give collecting Transformers a break, as I've been getting into a (very lazy) mindset of going through my bins, sorting through the Transformers, and thinning out the collection a bit.

It wouldn't really give my wallet much of a break, as I have plenty of other things that I'd still collect, though. :tflaugh

Archived