$$15.73 Deluxes??!!??

RUMBLEBEE

Went to my local Walmart today to get some space savers and other supplies and thought, "Why not pick up Prime Soundwave today just for giggles"! Going into the isle and I'm used to Deluxes going for about 12 to 14 dollars and have adjusted a bit to get some of these fantastic toys but when I looked at the sticker...$15.76!! Deluxes are almost going for twenty bucks?? Made me put down my figure. Maybe another time... :/

Anyone else doing the same thing out there. These prices for deluxe have become down right depressing.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily I'm caught up on everything in a normal price range. Funny thing, the Star Hammer and Energon driller were $19.99 at Walmart. My Target never got them in at all, but the price tag on the shelf read $24.99 and online they are $29.

I found that funny that we've had a shelf place for those for around 2 months now and never got them in once! Is it Hasbro's fault? Really?

I wouldn't get too down over deluxes. Because you should know by now that once the holidays hit, these things will be all over on $9 specials. Seems to be another pattern. Retailers don't bother with them too much until the holidays where they become the hottest toys of the season. Perhaps that's why retailers don't have them stocked so well the rest of the year, they know how difficult it is to get new product when they need it during the holidays so they started to hoard them away throughout the year.

Ultimately this is going to hurt the future. Unless Hasbro figures it's becoming dependent on collectors now, so might as well milk them dry, then I think they've lost their minds. Looking at some price differences I've seen on HTS I'd say though, it's more the retailers right now trying to boost the profits on whatever they can.

I can hear the masses of parents right now telling their kids "no, they're too expensive now!" At very worst, kids will be lucky if they are able to get half the figures they were getting before. Ultimately, it's going to hit the sales and make availability of new figures even worse.

Hi :wave I pay thr equivilent of $30 a deluxe. Complain when you're closer to that sort of pricing :thumb

You Americans have just had it too easy for too long methinks

Look at 6inch actions figures like Marvel Legends... They've always shared a price point with TF Deluxes... they've been $16 for a while if you can find them..... and they don't even transform. 3 3/4 figures are hitting $10 too. prices all over the toy aisle are going up.

Hi :wave I pay thr equivilent of $30 a deluxe. Complain when you're closer to that sort of pricing :thumb

You Americans have just had it too easy for too long methinks

That's it mister! I've had it with your Euro-dweebery! Are you still in Spain or back in England by now? Cause I'm coming for you! Also, any tips for getting a torch and pitchfork through airport security? :P

Haha still in Spain.

An if you smuggle the torch and pitchfork where the sun don't shine, you'll do fine!

Enjoy your flight :D

$14.99 at Target and even the little-ass Cyberverse figs are $9.89. I won't be buying any more of the new Transformers a) cuz I'm trying to not buy anything made in China anymore and b) cuz 15 bones for those figures, or $23-25 for Voyager and near $50 for leader are ridiculous.

If I buy any new toys, Star Wars, TFs, MOTU, whatever, it'll be secondhand. I'm done giving my money to companies that produce all their sh*t in China and all the exact same quality (i.e. none). I tried to boycott Chinese stuff completely 2 years ago as a New Years resolution and only made it to about April before I gave up. F'ng everything is made there, much of it by people in near slave-like conditions.

Archived