Anyone ever Google wallet/checkout? I want to buy some Tfs off a site

Cybcouncil

Ok so I saw some Transformers I want on ecrater. Well they allow you to buy them with paypal or google checkout. I can't use paypal cause I met my spending limit with them and I don't want to "Share" my bank account number with them. I clicked to pay using the google checkout and it asked me to start up a google wallet thing. So I am wondering if this is a legit thing? Or will I get some weird charge on my CC if I use them? Also this isn't the first time I have seen these google checkout thing. I also saw it as an option on a guys personal website that could be used to buy his stuff. So I figure anyone can use them as a payment option. So does anyone have any horror stories or praise for them? Any info would be appreciated cause I can't find these toys on ebay and would like to get them.

paypal has a spending limit????

Yeah if you dont have backup funding they limit it to like $300-500. After adding a bank though it really ups it and that's only if for w/e reason they can get it out of your backup funding.

I've used google wallet on buy.com before and it's fine. Basically it's a way to pay for stuff without signing up for accounts all over the place. You should be able to sign up for google wallet on the google website and then just check out on the ecrater site if that makes you feel better.

But I've heard so many horror stories with ecrater that I'd be more afraid of buying from that site than using google wallet.

I don't know anything about google wallet, but if you're using ecrater, I would 100% recommend emailing the seller for availablility of the items you want to make sure they're still actively checking up on that store. I tried to purchase off ecrater before and purchased about $400 worth of transformers that I couldn't find anywhere else at the time from a few different sellers, long story short I had to wait months to get my money back because the sellers had already sold those items on different sites and never bothered to check the ecrater site (every single seller, every single item). I looked on ecrater again and those same sellers still haven't changed their listings, the same figures I tried to purchase are still listed on there even as I write this, and it's been over a year since my experience.

Archived