Masterpiece Thundercracker USA

TrexGalvatron

I'll admit that I feel that Hasbro can do some pretty stupid things sometimes, but sometimes to me it seems as though Hasbro just can't win with fans. And fans wonder why Hasbro doesn't want to do a dedicated collector oriented line in any fashion...

YUP. biting the hand that feeds and then begging for special treatment.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want a MP Thundercracker to complete my seekers. For 1, you can't beat the price. And 2, who cares if a few parts are retooled as long as he's in scale with the others, which he is.

Where is the "You hit the nail on the head" emoticon? Probably not there cause I am the only one who still uses that outdated term.

I usually display a set of seekers with SS in front with SW and TC directly behind in a bit of a triangle (to show he is in charge - at least of them anyway) so a few retools wont stand out much anyway to me.

I am just wondering what to do with my half finished custom painted TC now... Its not like I have the skills to really do a good paint job on it.

I got the original MP Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker when as soon as they came out (thus I paid retail prices for them all) ... so I personally don't see the need to get MP11 or this Thundercracker either. I've seen side by side comparison pics between the original and new MP Starscreams, and both versions seem to have pros and cons (new one looks better in robot mode but old one looks better in jet mode - new one still looks to be just as crap an action figure as the original though :roll).

As nice as the retooling may be, the RRP for these new Seekers is more expensive than what I paid for the originals. I really can't justify collecting the MP Seekers again. :/ I've already pre-ordered MP Sunstorm anyway, so I will have a version of the new MP Seeker mould. If they make other new characters based on the new MP11 mould (e.g. Acid Storm - or better yet - Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust), I'll get them. But I'm not gonna get Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker all over again.

I got the original MP Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker when as soon as they came out (thus I paid retail prices for them all) ... so I personally don't see the need to get MP11 or this Thundercracker either. I've seen side by side comparison pics between the original and new MP Starscreams, and both versions seem to have pros and cons (new one looks better in robot mode but old one looks better in jet mode - new one still looks to be just as crap an action figure as the original though :roll).

As nice as the retooling may be, the RRP for these new Seekers is more expensive than what I paid for the originals. I really can't justify collecting the MP Seekers again. :/ I've already pre-ordered MP Sunstorm anyway, so I will have a version of the new MP Seeker mould. If they make other new characters based on the new MP11 mould (e.g. Acid Storm - or better yet - Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust), I'll get them. But I'm not gonna get Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker all over again.

Goktimus, if you already have 3 MP seekers, I wouldn't waste money on the new retool. I'm only doing it because I missed out on the original TC and now those go for wayyyy too much.

I just want a MP Thundercracker to complete my seekers. For 1, you can't beat the price. And 2, who cares if a few parts are retooled as long as he's in scale with the others, which he is.

Where is the "You hit the nail on the head" emoticon? Probably not there cause I am the only one who still uses that outdated term.

I usually display a set of seekers with SS in front with SW and TC directly behind in a bit of a triangle (to show he is in charge - at least of them anyway) so a few retools wont stand out much anyway to me.

I am just wondering what to do with my half finished custom painted TC now... Its not like I have the skills to really do a good paint job on it.

Thanks man!!! I also like displaying SS in front, and the other two seekers behind. I do this with my Classics.

As for your half painted TC, do like Sparkless suggested. Some kit basher will more than likely buy it off of you. Since they are going to retool/repaint it more than likely, they won't care if it's unfinished. They'll care more for the deal they are getting.

• 2 weeks later...

CRAP!!!!!! CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!

SO any of those Igear Thundercrackers still around for $100?

If this new mold is not the same scale as the other MP seekers, I'm not starting another seeker string.

I suggested to reprolables that they/we make sticker upgrades for the silver MP Starscream, to make it thundercracker. I might just have to do that now. My hope was to get the new MP TC in the states, and have all 3 seekers in bot mode, with the silver MP Starscream in jet mode on the side. If I have to bash it up to look like TC, or use one of the extras I have of SS or SW and repaint it, then I might just have to.

CRAP!!!!!! CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!

SO any of those Igear Thundercrackers still around for $100?

If this new mold is not the same scale as the other MP seekers, I'm not starting another seeker string.

I suggested to reprolables that they/we make sticker upgrades for the silver MP Starscream, to make it thundercracker. I might just have to do that now. My hope was to get the new MP TC in the states, and have all 3 seekers in bot mode, with the silver MP Starscream in jet mode on the side. If I have to bash it up to look like TC, or use one of the extras I have of SS or SW and repaint it, then I might just have to.

Don't worry, it's not really a new mold, it's just retooled for better animation accuracy, and to get rid of the ugly hip kibble that plagues previous versions. It's still the same size head to toe, and Nosecone to engine as all prevous MP seekers.

Archived