The "Postive" things we can praise hasbro for in 2012+

Shadowpanther

The "Postive" things we can praise hasbro for in 2012 thru 2013.

IMHO Below:

Lately some of us have been un-happy with hasbro. whether it be distribution problems. making toys smaller in their size classes. bumblebee's being over packed in assortment waves. cancelling toys. repaints being convention or other country exclusives and the list goes on & on.

I created this thread. to see if some of us can find some postive comments to praise hasbro for doing certain things right with the TF toy line.

my positive praise comments below:

1- Hasbro got rid of the universal line gimmick for the main TF toy line that's supported by a media cartoon/movie. The TF Prime toy line appears to have a gimmick for each toy size rather one gimmick that gets forced on all toy sizes like the 2005 cybertron cyber key gimmick.

The TF Prime toy sizes all have their own gimmick. the cyberverse don't have any gimmick,they just interact really well with the cyber verse play sets & the two maximus toys. the deluxes have zero gimmicks. the voyagers/powerizers have the mech tech transforming/light up weapons. the ultra's/weaponizers have the energon style hyper mode activated weapons.

1a- Mech tech while some hate this. at the very least this is a external gimmick instead of a internal gimmick. a external gimmick doesn't ruin the design of the bigger toy.

2- the TF Prime toys seems like a perfect fusion of the adult themed nightmarish realistic movie-verse toys designs mixed with the 2008 animated toys younger simplistic designs.

3- at the very least the TF Prime toys have decent poseabilty. their doesn't appear to be missing articulation nor restricted range of movement in the joints.

4- The TF Prime cartoon series is aimed at teenagers & adults. this is the serious & adult themed TF cartoon some fans have been wanting forever. decent fleshed out 3-d persona's. adult themed stories/plots/arcs. adult them spoken dialogue. non-annoying kids. the comedy taken down a whole bunch of notches. interesting relationships between all the characters.

5- From all reveals the 2012 Thru 2013 Generations/FOC toys seems to be what some fans have been wanting for a while.

6- the return of the voyagers for generations/FOC. The return of the $27 usa ultra's for TFP now named Weaponizers & with a $2 raise.

7- While some don't like FOC Bruticus. this seems to be the return of combiners toys. some are hoping we get more combiners like this in TFP's toy line & Generations/FOC toy line.

8- were getting decent exclusives for 2012. like TRU MP Thundercracker,TRU MP Optimus. Those asian exclusives that will now be sold at TRU stores in america.

9- creating a FOC Video game with a accompanying FOC toy line. seems like a new venture that might get further expanded as more video games are made.

10- with TF Prime getting more seasons. this might give us upgraded newer molds. Examples: TFP Megatron getting a tank alt mode with a robot body that looks better. TFP Starscream getting a F-14 jet mode. soundwave getting a radio alt mode. arcee getting a sports car alt mode,etc...

11- Were getting more newer mold Voyagers for TF Prime. compared to only 6 new mold voyagers for the DOTM toy line.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got nothing to praise Hasbro about, except their continued stupidity with distribution. Most companies would have that fixed within a month. Not Hasbro they are going on 2 years

I honestly can't find anything to praise them on. Maybe just the fact they will give us a cheaper priced MP Optimus Prime and MP Thundercracker. Considering the fact that I can't get any of the transformers I want in stores and having to rely on buying them online tells me they couldn't care about retail stores.

Well.... I think we should wait until the end of the year before we praise Hasbro for anything. So far nothing really good has happened, and everything awesome is tentative. In the last 5 months of 2012 Hasbro could turn things around, so I'll wait and see if that happens.

TBH I am not particularly happy with hasbro... It seems like with ever good thing they do they do 2 things that are bad.

I mean I want to thank them for all of the nice new molds... but there is the sad fact that they make it as hard as possible to get said molds either through poor exclusivity choices, bad case assortments, and bad distrobution "mostly because of prior problem".

Its true that walmart's pegs are empty... but its not because of high sales, its because they are terrified to order due to last years fopah called DOTM and the bumblebee overload.

Then lets look at the other things wrong here... It seems like they are in bed with TRU all the way with the exclusives. Asia imports? Only at TRU. New MP's? Only at TRU. FE's? Only...at...TRU. TRU has a horrible reputation for severely botching up distribution further! Yet they are getting a very large majority of the exclusives everyone actually wants. TBH you would be better off to just import the figures if TRU is anything like the last couple of times, because 1 the prices will be jacked up as is, and 2 scalpers will suck up what units do get out in stores and charge double what they paid right off the bat. Its true Amazon is getting a few exclusives, but honestly even with g2 bruticus they really got the short end of the stick.

Lets not mention the "stick our head in the sand" breakdown. They could easily sell him as a FE, there is no way he is more complex than FE prime or bulkhead, just make a simple hammer and include with him.

Like I said...it seems every step forward seems to end up being 2 steps back with hasbro. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt... but I wont hold my breath, because I might just suffocate.

TBH I am not particularly happy with hasbro... It seems like with ever good thing they do they do 2 things that are bad.

I mean I want to thank them for all of the nice new molds... but there is the sad fact that they make it as hard as possible to get said molds either through poor exclusivity choices, bad case assortments, and bad distrobution "mostly because of prior problem".

Its true that walmart's pegs are empty... but its not because of high sales, its because they are terrified to order due to last years fopah called DOTM and the bumblebee overload.

Lets not mention the "stick our head in the sand" breakdown. They could easily sell him as a FE, there is no way he is more complex than FE prime or bulkhead, just make a simple hammer and include with him.

Like I said...it seems every step forward seems to end up being 2 steps back with hasbro. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt... but I wont hold my breath, because I might just suffocate.

imho below:

I blame the poor distribution problems on takara & hasbro releasing the TFP toys at the same exact time world wide. the manufactoring factories over seas can only handle so many orders. in the past their was a lag time where the usa got stuff 3 months before/first then takara got newer stuff 3 months afterwards or vice versa. to make matters worse the UK,Canada,austrailia & the china region are all getting newer TF prime toys the same exact time america & japan is. so their is bound to be over loads at the factories over seas causing delays in product world wide.

Second,I blame the various theathre movies this spring/summer for the reason for TF Prime toy dealays in america. Hasbro has the movie toy rights to avengers,battle ship,G.I joe & other movie toy lines. Hasbro is infamous for putting non-movie lines on hold & making movie toy lines the top priority. the delays for TF Prime toys in this situation are most likely either manufactoring delays. or trucks running thru the states being over loaded with movie toy lines. while the TFP toys sit in a wharehouse somewhere waiting for their turn when the movie toys hype dies down enough for the TF Prime toys to now get loaded on to the trucks from the wharehouse where the TFP toys have been sitting all this time.

I'm seriously wondering if the delay in newer TFP toys. was done on purpose to cash in on the christmas season holiday months in america. as stores order more newer product & order less older product.

Then lets look at the other things wrong here... It seems like they are in bed with TRU all the way with the exclusives. Asia imports? Only at TRU. New MP's? Only at TRU. FE's? Only...at...TRU. TRU has a horrible reputation for severely botching up distribution further! Yet they are getting a very large majority of the exclusives everyone actually wants. TBH you would be better off to just import the figures if TRU is anything like the last couple of times, because 1 the prices will be jacked up as is, and 2 scalpers will suck up what units do get out in stores and charge double what they paid right off the bat. Its true Amazon is getting a few exclusives, but honestly even with g2 bruticus they really got the short end of the stick.

Maybe,only TRU was interested in these MP TF toys,asian exclusives & other exclusives. for all we know hasbro might have tried to ask walmart,target & kmart to carry MP TF toys,asian exclusives & so forth but they all said no.

yeah I agree that TRU is the worse store to have TF exclusives. but sometimes something is better than nothing.

The FE TF toy line barely started a few months ago in march. don't you think it's a bit early to say this particular toy will never,ever get released by hasbro in america.

yes breakdown did die. but my guess is silas recolors/retools the breakdown body & uses it via a mech suit to fight the transformers in the season 2 ending episodes. so hasbro clearly has more options to release the voyager breakdwn mold in different colors,retooled parts,different persona name,etc...

The FE TF toy line barely started a few months ago in march. don't you think it's a bit early to say this particular toy will never,ever get released by hasbro in america.

Aaron Archer himself said we will never get the mold. Hasbro has even went as far as to make a swerve head for the ratchet mold, which was the other repaint of the breakdown mold.

The ultimate reasons for not getting the mold is because hasbro is all "upset" that takara more or less made the mold to their "takara's" standards without asking hasbro first. Moreso, since takara designed the mold behind hasbro's back it is lacking a mold for a gimmick ridden craptastic weapon that plagues all the Powerizers, or any weapon outside of the micron. So instead of just simply repacking another mechtech weapon "UM's perhaps" with Breakdown or making a simple molded hammer and releasing him as a FE toy, Hasbro has decided to just once again stick their heads in the sand and pretend the character never existed.

I know Aaron Archer said something hasbro being concerned that the toy may not be structurally stable enough to release in the US... but tbh its probably a canned bull s*** excuse to try and pacify the outraged fans and general audiance. As far as the micron ports go... I dont find them any more obtrusive than the ports on the other RID toys. So I am not quite sure why it was one of things on hasbros list of excuses for not bringing the mold over to the states.

Also if I recall correctly... FE was and still is dead, no new molds will be made period. Hasbro is just being "nice" and giving us a fair chance to get the molds they shortpacked and/or never even got in the US because they once again felt the need to choke the pegs with yellow thunder. I was saying they could simply put Breakdown in the lineup because more than likely he costs about the same the other FE's to produce, thus hasbro could charge what price bracket they feel "best suits" figures of such quality.

As far as the empty TF Prime pegs, that's a viable situation I suppose. But from what I have observed and have been told, Walmart and other retailers are still are choking on figures that they just cannot get rid of even with a steep clearance price. They are scared to the point that they would rather let the shelf's sit empty instead of taking a loss. Whats sad is that this will affect the FOC line, generations, and probably any other line up until Movie 4, and even then retailers will probably play it careful.

I honestly can't find anything to praise them on. Maybe just the fact they will give us a cheaper priced MP Optimus Prime and MP Thundercracker. Considering the fact that I can't get any of the transformers I want in stores and having to rely on buying them online tells me they couldn't care about retail stores.

That is something I CAN'T praise :(

In fact, I got nothing to praise them for this year.

I'm thankful for some of the RTS/Generations/HFTD molds and ultimately DOTM Skyhammer and Whirl and FE Arcee...because we know what Hasbro is CAPABLE of but not giving to us. Sighs.

Isn't there something we can do about Breakdown? Who knows how to start a petition ...a "SAVES BREAKDOWN" petitionand hopefully someone there in the higher up will listen? I donno. It'd just be nice to see Breakdown in the American lineup and not just a watered down Breakdown but the ACTUAL mould!

Archived