New Looks at Transformers Optimus Prime USA Masterpiece Figure Out of Box

BaCon

I predict Hasbro will magically screw it up and only release a handful at retail. Enjoy your price hiking online scalpers everybody.

I predict Hasbro will magically screw it up and only release a handful at retail. Enjoy your price hiking online scalpers everybody.

I am willing to bet you are right. Except for the "magically" part, this screw up will be an example of their standard operating procedures for recent distribution.

I am willing to bet you are right. Except for the "magically" part, this screw up will be an example of their standard operating procedures for recent distribution.

imho below:

The main reasons why TRU MP rodimus & TRU MP Grimlock were super hard to find. was due to hasbro or entertainment earth selling thousands of them at the SDCC 2010 & 2011 conventions. the price at TRU was also cheap & the box was small. so these were also the perfect items for scalpers to scalp on ebay. their were also rumors that canada wanted to sell MP Rodimus & MP Grimlock early,so they borrowed volume units from hasbro usa's TRU MP stock.

2012 MP TRU Optimus,stands a decent chance of it being available in decent suppy. due to no volume units be sold early at SDCC 2012. Nor any volume units be given to TRU canada. this toy is going to have a big box & cost over $100. this won't be easy for scalpers to try to scalp on ebay for profits. most ebay buyers don't like to pay high shipping fees.

the recent rumor is this might be a wide mass retail release. but I'll believe this when I see it. as this seems far fetched from the start.

the price at TRU was also cheap & the box was small. so these were also the perfect items for scalpers to scalp on ebay.

this toy is going to have a big box & cost over $100. this won't be easy for scalpers to try to scalp on ebay for profits. most ebay buyers don't like to pay high shipping fees.

the recent rumor is this might be a wide mass retail release. but I'll believe this when I see it. as this seems far fetched from the start.

I was amazed at how small the box for TRU Rodimus was - even though I already had MP9. My dad found one at TRU for me and when he sent it in one of the USPS flat rate boxes it blew my mind.

TFW just posted a debunking of the wide release rumor, so I hope you are right about the big box leading to less scalping.

imho below:

The main reasons why TRU MP rodimus & TRU MP Grimlock were super hard to find. was due to hasbro or entertainment earth selling thousands of them at the SDCC 2010 & 2011 conventions. the price at TRU was also cheap & the box was small. so these were also the perfect items for scalpers to scalp on ebay. their were also rumors that canada wanted to sell MP Rodimus & MP Grimlock early,so they borrowed volume units from hasbro usa's TRU MP stock.

2012 MP TRU Optimus,stands a decent chance of it being available in decent suppy. due to no volume units be sold early at SDCC 2012. Nor any volume units be given to TRU canada. this toy is going to have a big box & cost over $100. this won't be easy for scalpers to try to scalp on ebay for profits. most ebay buyers don't like to pay high shipping fees.

eBay search SDCC Bruticus.....

Archived