Hasbro Net Income Drops 25% Led by Games and Boys Segment, Transformers Sales Down

Peter_Van

imho below:

all of this is due to hasbro poorly trained/incompetent analysis team & creative team. the field agents aren't doing their job properly reporting what doesn't sell & clogs/warms pegs/shelves. the excessive bumblebess are preventing stores from ordering newer waves. hasbro is making way too much extra stuff for the TF lines & needs to slim things down. get rid of cyber verse. get rid of kreo/kreon. get rid of the role play,play sets,tiny statutues,key chains,etc...

stop creating all these super ugly TF sculpted toys. create more G-1 styled/homage TF toys.

Retire the bumblebee toys/character for at least a decade. let the next generation of kids in 2023 deal with the bumblebees.

I think rescue bots is a pure waste & needs to be gone. how many toddler themed TF toys does hasbro want. in 2012 theirs cyber verse & rescue bots. that rescue bots cartoon series is a pure waste of money as it only advertises 4 rescue bots toys. it would have made more sense to do a generations or kreon/kreon TF cartoon series that hepled advertise & sell dozens of generations/kreo toys.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

body { background: #FFFFFF; margin: 0px; padding: 4px; font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt;}font { font-size: 9px;}font { font-size: 13px;}font { font-size: 15px;}font { font-size: 17px;}font { font-size: 21px;}font { font-size: 26px;}font { font-size: 36px;}

Well my guess would be that the increase in price with the decrease in toy size would lower sales. Or maybe the BB syndrome while all new, anticipated molds are just asia exclusives we get repaints of BumbleBee from every set. ( YAY a NEW stealth BB I can melt into a yellow paperweight ) Then cancelations of other wanted toys doesnt help either. One thing can save them tho and that would be a deluxe class Cosmos for the Generations line, and maybe fixing the other stuff along the way might help also.

...And make Generations a PRIMARY line and stop sleeping on what fans enjoy. The nonsense with Hasbro losing and canceling products on a WHIM has to stop! In order to make anything profitable it has to be on the shelves. Rumble and Frenzy for example for Universe/Generations/RTS/etc... line would have been able to sell along with Windcharger epically along with the figures we had to scour the world for (Yes, even the first appearances of FE)! And the Asian exclusives...why are they only Asian exclusives??

Seems to me that Hasbro just keeps putting their collective heads in the sand when there's sooo much that can be done and so much that can be sold to win back the hearts of the fans (me included) by remaining vigilantly proactive and answering the wants and needs of those fans.

Why produce third rate products when we know Hasbro's better than that?

This is what Hasbro gets, they need to fix their distribution system, then Transformers sales will go back up. Enough with the Bumblebee's ALREADY!!!

I have yet to see Vehicon, and Airachnid. Even still all the shelves have been empty for months aside from the Bumblebee's

I cant buy the toys I want because they are not on the shelves (and mostly sold out online too) and Hasbro is probably scratching their heads as to why profits are falling.

If you cant get WalMart to buy the cases, SELL YOUR DAMN TOYS ON YOUR DAMN WEBSITE! and not just in cases either

If anyone else collects GI Joe too, you saw how there were waves (yes, multiple waves) of figure assortments that never hit retail. And this was about a year prior to a movie line release, so its not a Warpath pre DOTM line release example.

Sales are down because products are not available for people to buy them. Its their fault.

Kinda wondering if the industry itself needs a shakeup.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/23/business/la-fi-mo-hasbro-earnings-20120423

According to this article, Mattel is having similar problems.

"Rhode Island-based Hasbro said it planned to spend more in future quarters on marketing and advertising. It’s also looking forward to the return of the Gremlin-like toy robot Furby to its product lineup this fall, despite keeping mum on any major details." LA Times

Really? Furby? The most annoying toy ever's coming back in place of creating "good" products and Marketing and Advertising gets more revenue in place of creating quality?

Marketing and advertising? fix the distribution problem and send Bumblebee to the abyss for a few years. That is what Hasbro needs to do

Archived