Which Shockwave is better for a Classics Collection?

Backfire

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?app=gallery&image=21303

I saw the FOC Shockwave and ran out to get one, Walmart was sold out, Target had just one. $15??? JEESE!!!!

I brought it home, took it out of the box, not very impressed with the transform, but the bot is rather cool. I want to chop the wings off and figure out how to make it turn into a GUN! Or something.

Then I stood it up next to my custom Classics Blue Bluestreak, and he's a shrimp!

So it's a smaller scale, $5 more, and doesn't transform into a gun. Sigh...

After thinking about it, and custom painting it like Shackwave/Astro Magnum thoughts, I remembered the Energon Shock.

Scowered my usual hunting grounds, and found one (along with a UGLY, but AWESOME Combination Robot 17-in-1 in the box, AKA that ugly Voltron/Omega Supreme KO)... Have them both pictured to the link above...

So, which should be present on the collection shelf for the classics.

Perhaps there will be a larger, KO version of the FOC Shockwave I can wait for?

I'm really leaning more towards the Energon one. I already have the purple version in storage, so I picked up the greenish one, I'd SOOOOO rather see in Gray. It's a proper size I think, I'll have to stand it up next to Classics Jetfire.. yes. Next photo.

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?app=gallery&image=21304

Yes, I think I have to go with Energon Shockwave over FOC. Both arms having all those guns is annoying, and the transform is kinda weird, but it's the right scale robot for the shelf.

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?app=gallery&image=21304

Yes, I think I have to go with Energon Shockwave over FOC. Both arms having all those guns is annoying, and the transform is kinda weird, but it's the right scale robot for the shelf.

imho below:

I'd also say energon shockblast.

I did a extremly cool parts parts between energon shockblast & his repaint called Sixshot. I took all the red translucent plastic parts from energon sixshot & gave them to energon shockblast.

That's a very tempting idea, but of course, as usual, my ShockBLAST/wave, is somewhere burried in storage.

I wonder if the clear plate on 6's back can be used on shock's front?

Then they can both have the red chest.

But still, another project, painting this bad boy gray to stand among the classics.

Very nice Devil!!!!!

Really, if you look at Classics Starscream, he's about the same scale as FoC Shockwave. Some of these figures are kind of out of scale. As far as the gun mode is concerned, well Classics has been trying to go away from alt modes that replicate ordinary household type items, ie guns and microscopes. Shockwave's FoC alt mode may not be very inspiring, but it's kind of cool. Reminds me of one of the playstation game Wipe Out ships.

I see I'm not the only one who thinks Shockwave's alt mode looks like a playstation Wipeout ship. This guy did a great review on the FoC Shockwave. I also love the light piping shots he did. The dark ones remind me of the 2007 Bay movie where the silhouette of the Transformer smashes Beagle 1.

Archived