Size Matters?

Reluttr

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just hoping that in a little less than a year we'll gain a Voyager Shockwave like we are getting with Voyager Soundwave. And BLASTER was a total surprise! I'm wondering id Hasbro is using Shocky as a "test marketing tool" to see if we'll buy the figure and then based on that slowly make their collective way to the voyager class. Test our love and all that!

BTW, anyone that opened FOC Prime...Can the gun of FOC Prime fit into WFC Primes hands?

As far as Shockwave and the FoC sales on it goes in hopeful prep for a future voyager class, sure Shocky-pants will sell right now, considering the brilliantly minded toads at Hasbro are (short)packing him one to a case. Genius( :toxic ) I tell you, genius.... :roll

I'm just hoping that in a little less than a year we'll gain a Voyager Shockwave like we are getting with Voyager Soundwave. And BLASTER was a total surprise! I'm wondering id Hasbro is using Shocky as a "test marketing tool" to see if we'll buy the figure and then based on that slowly make their collective way to the voyager class. Test our love and all that!

BTW, anyone that opened FOC Prime...Can the gun of FOC Prime fit into WFC Primes hands?

As far as Shockwave and the FoC sales on it goes in hopeful prep for a future voyager class, sure Shocky-pants will sell right now, considering the brilliantly minded toads at Hasbro are (short)packing him one to a case. Genius( :toxic ) I tell you, genius.... :roll

LMAO! Ah, to measure success in short packing is not the way I'd like to measure success at all. Just dive into the pool already! The waters fine as long as you don't cancel and lose items again! Sounds like somebody's got trust issues and you can't blame consumers Hasbro-dudes and lady-dudes.

LMAO! Ah, to measure success in short packing is not the way I'd like to measure success at all. Just dive into the pool already! The waters fine as long as you don't cancel and lose items again! Sounds like somebody's got trust issues and you can't blame consumers Hasbro-dudes and lady-dudes.

He's 2 to a case....

Last I read he was one, but two is better. Still not great.

He's 2 to a case....

Last I read he was one per, but two is better. Not great though...

Last I read he was one, but two is better. Still not great.

He's 2 to a case....

Last I read he was one per, but two is better. Not great though...

In the first shipment of cases he was one per, Hasbro changed up the assortment a bit so new cases are two per, meaning that OP and Jazz are gonna be clogging the shelves a while, and we probably still won't see much of shockwave, and anyone looking for wave 2 fig's (Bruticus) are going to be sifting through the equivalent of 3 waves of Optimus Prime and Jazz figures to find all 5 new wave 2 figures.

Transformer figures are not shrinking, the problem is our hands are growing.

Dude! You made me spit out some Mt. Dew!

IMHO Below:

Everything is on a flucuation size scale. due to each new mold being unique. for the creative process to work TF toys need to flucuate in their size clasess. it's called creative freedom for the designers. nothing has dipped below the flucuation,so their is no shrinkage.

basics/commanders flucuate from 3 to 4.5 inches. deluxes flucuate from 5 to 6 inches. Voyagers flucuate from 5.5 to 7.5 inches. leaders flucuate from 8 to 11.5 inches.

Some want examples of smaller TF toys in their sizes from the past years/lines.

2006 Classics 1.0 rodimus was small.

Armada deluxe Demolisher had a short robot mode. armada thrust had a short robot mode.

Energon basic size arcee was tiny in both modes.

animated had a few small TF toys in their size levels like voyager & leader size bulkhead. voyager size lugnutz. deluxe size swoop. deluxe size snarl. voyager size combined robot mode safe guard.

Generations/RTS Thunderwing/Skyshadow was a tiny/short deluxe.

generations/rts darkmount & hailstrom were short deluxe robots.

armada smokecreen from head to toe minus his crane in robot mode was a short deluxe.

Energon towline was a short robot deluxe even combined to his back vechicle part in super robot mode.

Energon combiner robot leader optimus was shorter in height compared to armada combiner leader size optimus in super robot mode.

cybertron deluxe defense hotshot & deluxe thunderblast was small robot modes for their size classes.

DOTM $29.99 HA Topspin Target store exclusive was a short robot mode.

You keep preaching that fluctuating theory and no one agrees. I agree with you to some extent: some figures in the same size class are bigger/smaller then the norm, but since DOTM it is undeniable that 99% of the figures from deluxe and higher suffer from crazy shrinkage. It's not on a toy by toy basis (like Lockdown in the Animated line where it just happened to be larger) , it's every figure sans Skyhammer. Long story short there is no fluctuating in DOTM (or Prime, new Generations), it's so rampant that it could only be the result of a conscience decision by Hasbro to make everything smaller to infuriate diehard fans who notice (except Robo Rob and perhaps you).

I actually wouldn't mind hearing why Rob enjoys the smaller figures.

Transformer figures are not shrinking, the problem is our hands are growing.

Dude! You made me spit out some Mt. Dew!

IMHO Below:

Everything is on a flucuation size scale. due to each new mold being unique. for the creative process to work TF toys need to flucuate in their size clasess. it's called creative freedom for the designers. nothing has dipped below the flucuation,so their is no shrinkage.

basics/commanders flucuate from 3 to 4.5 inches. deluxes flucuate from 5 to 6 inches. Voyagers flucuate from 5.5 to 7.5 inches. leaders flucuate from 8 to 11.5 inches.

Some want examples of smaller TF toys in their sizes from the past years/lines.

2006 Classics 1.0 rodimus was small.

Armada deluxe Demolisher had a short robot mode. armada thrust had a short robot mode.

Energon basic size arcee was tiny in both modes.

animated had a few small TF toys in their size levels like voyager & leader size bulkhead. voyager size lugnutz. deluxe size swoop. deluxe size snarl. voyager size combined robot mode safe guard.

Generations/RTS Thunderwing/Skyshadow was a tiny/short deluxe.

generations/rts darkmount & hailstrom were short deluxe robots.

armada smokecreen from head to toe minus his crane in robot mode was a short deluxe.

Energon towline was a short robot deluxe even combined to his back vechicle part in super robot mode.

Energon combiner robot leader optimus was shorter in height compared to armada combiner leader size optimus in super robot mode.

cybertron deluxe defense hotshot & deluxe thunderblast was small robot modes for their size classes.

DOTM $29.99 HA Topspin Target store exclusive was a short robot mode.

You keep preaching that fluctuating theory and no one agrees. I agree with you to some extent: some figures in the same size class are bigger/smaller then the norm, but since DOTM it is undeniable that 99% of the figures from deluxe and higher suffer from crazy shrinkage. It's not on a toy by toy basis (like Lockdown in the Animated line where it just happened to be larger) , it's every figure sans Skyhammer. Long story short there is no fluctuating in DOTM (or Prime, new Generations), it's so rampant that it could only be the result of a conscience decision by Hasbro to make everything smaller to infuriate diehard fans who notice (except Robo Rob and perhaps you).

I actually wouldn't mind hearing why Rob enjoys the smaller figures.

Actually there was a lot made of a lot of DOTM figures being too small. Even heard a few gripe over Prime figures being a bit wimpy.

It is true though, sizes have tended to fluctuate in weird ways over the years. However at some point we all had to know that a more permanent and noticeable difference would evolve. Walmarts have upped their prices on Cyberverse commanders to the old price of deluxe figures. I'm starting to find that to be quite scary.

I love the Cyberverse commanders, but in reality, $6.99 should be the tops anyone charges for them. I'm really questioning how well they will do at $10.

Transformers held true to their pricing for a long, long time but now I think it's anything can happen time. They could turn up a few bucks cheaper or still get a few bucks more expensive. Who knows?

I can say, companies are hurting. They are going squeeze until it hurts now to get every last penny out of anything that sells and the manufacturers will cut things down to save on costs to boost their end. That's the reality of our time.

Were losing money, quick pump out more Bumblebees!!!

But sir, we've given them everything that we've got! Elite Guard, Shadowstrike, Premium, etc.! She just can't take anymore!

Dear god help us... bring out the Hot Shots...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Archived