Size Matters?

Reluttr

IMHO Below:

If TF toys are shrinking in size in their toy sizes. it's barely 1/4 of a inch or at most 1/2 of a inch. does anyone even realize how small a 1/4 of a inch or a 1/2 of a inch is.

It would be insignificant if these Transformers were measured in feet, however we're loosing 1/2 inch on a 6 inch figure which is actually a very large percentage of the figure.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very soon. As the size (that's not shrinking???) gets smaller and smaller, and the details get better or keep being cool continues.... we will at last get the ULTIMATE GOAL!

Transforming Action Masters!

I only bought Shockwave because I thought it would fit in the Classics collection, it does not, unless I figure out a way to make it work with a larger classics toy as it's GUN.

Smaller toy, less plastic, but BIGGER price tag. $15 for this little guy.

I am glad I'm not collecting the rest of these.

How big will Grimlock be?

Very soon. As the size (that's not shrinking???) gets smaller and smaller, and the details get better or keep being cool continues.... we will at last get the ULTIMATE GOAL!

Transforming Action Masters!

I only bought Shockwave because I thought it would fit in the Classics collection, it does not, unless I figure out a way to make it work with a larger classics toy as it's GUN.

Smaller toy, less plastic, but BIGGER price tag. $15 for this little guy.

I am glad I'm not collecting the rest of these.

How big will Grimlock be?

Grimlock is going to be the new Voyager size class, so with shrinkage that would make him the same size as DOTM Guzzle.

The more I hear and see of the FoC line the more my interest fades in it. I'll get Shockwave simply because I don't have one in my line up, but the rest, I'm starting to not feel it(meh design, shrinking in size and rising in cost is not good for the consumer or fan base). The WFC OP is pretty damned good as he stands, a new model was not really needed, but WTF do I know.. They should have stayed with that design motif.

I passed on FOC Prime. I'm happy with the WFC mold as well. I will pick up the repaint as Ultra Magnus though!

My thought exactly. I didn't see a need to change the model at all and I thought the WFC model seemed a lot more iconic than the FOC model. WFC Prime just seemed more heroic and powerful plus the Deluxe version was so much more ...full than the Deluxe version we now have for FOC Prime.

That said, I still may get him but just seeing how hollow he is makes me want to pass. And I LOVE Prime figures!

IMHO Below:

Everything is on a flucuation size scale. due to each new mold being unique. for the creative process to work TF toys need to flucuate in their size clasess. it's called creative freedom for the designers. nothing has dipped below the flucuation,so their is no shrinkage.

basics/commanders flucuate from 3 to 4.5 inches. deluxes flucuate from 5 to 6 inches. Voyagers flucuate from 5.5 to 7.5 inches. leaders flucuate from 8 to 11.5 inches.

Some want examples of smaller TF toys in their sizes from the past years/lines.

2006 Classics 1.0 rodimus was small.

Armada deluxe Demolisher had a short robot mode. armada thrust had a short robot mode.

Energon basic size arcee was tiny in both modes.

animated had a few small TF toys in their size levels like voyager & leader size bulkhead. voyager size lugnutz. deluxe size swoop. deluxe size snarl. voyager size combined robot mode safe guard.

Generations/RTS Thunderwing/Skyshadow was a tiny/short deluxe.

generations/rts darkmount & hailstrom were short deluxe robots.

armada smokecreen from head to toe minus his crane in robot mode was a short deluxe.

Energon towline was a short robot deluxe even combined to his back vechicle part in super robot mode.

Energon combiner robot leader optimus was shorter in height compared to armada combiner leader size optimus in super robot mode.

cybertron deluxe defense hotshot & deluxe thunderblast was small robot modes for their size classes.

DOTM $29.99 HA Topspin Target store exclusive was a short robot mode.

In this case, I think Hasbro is working on two ideals of scale for the Fall Of Cybertron line.

1.)Non-scale, and 2.)to some sort of scale with Bruticus. (Maybe Grimlock, too?)

In the case of #1, Hasbro has thrown general sense of scale out of the window, in order to appease the second. How does a single figure look against Bruticus?

I ended up coming to this conclusion after watching Peaugh's video review of the SDCC deco Bruticus. Putting FOC Prime against Bruticus, he'd look incredibly insignificant in a fair match.

IMHO Below:

DOTM $29.99 HA Topspin Target store exclusive was a short robot mode.

That was Leadfoot.

I read many moons ago that Hasbro/Takara has a guidline for what they can do for each class size of figure. They take into account how many pieces is it going to take, the paint apps, and the amount (measured in weight)of plastic required to make the design a reality. Regardless of what some people think, the figures now are smaller as a whole. Just as Blitz mentioned, is due to higher cost of said materials to make the figures. In order to keep the pricing competitive, they decided to go smaller. Like some other people mentioned, that's fine with me as long as they don't sacrifice detail and complexity. It's been kind of hit and miss in that area. I really like FOC Prime, but he's a lot more simplified than his War for Cybertron equivilant. I was really hoping for a Voyager class version of him so he would be in scale with the deluxe FOC figures, but it is what it is.

I'm just hoping that in a little less than a year we'll gain a Voyager Shockwave like we are getting with Voyager Soundwave. And BLASTER was a total surprise! I'm wondering id Hasbro is using Shocky as a "test marketing tool" to see if we'll buy the figure and then based on that slowly make their collective way to the voyager class. Test our love and all that!

BTW, anyone that opened FOC Prime...Can the gun of FOC Prime fit into WFC Primes hands?

Archived