Size Matters?

Reluttr

The more I hear and see of the FoC line the more my interest fades in it. I'll get Shockwave simply because I don't have one in my line up, but the rest, I'm starting to not feel it(meh design, shrinking in size and rising in cost is not good for the consumer or fan base). The WFC OP is pretty damned good as he stands, a new model was not really needed, but WTF do I know.. They should have stayed with that design motif.

My thought exactly. I didn't see a need to change the model at all and I thought the WFC model seemed a lot more iconic than the FOC model. WFC Prime just seemed more heroic and powerful plus the Deluxe version was so much more ...full than the Deluxe version we now have for FOC Prime.

That said, I still may get him but just seeing how hollow he is makes me want to pass. And I LOVE Prime figures!

Thats why i'm sad about it. I love Prime figures and was going to buy him regardless. Jazz is awesome. I haven't had the time to open Shockwave yet but every one says good things about him.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd give it awhile and I am sure Hasbro will bring the sizes back to where they should be, I'm not sweating it right now and I'm sure the price change they say are coming , will sputter and fall back down like it has for everything else.

Yes, when I purchased FoC Optimus and Jazz, I was bewildered at the fact Prime was so small. I haven't opened these two yet as I feel they won't fit in. Besides Classics prime and Spec Ops Jazz are spectacular figures, so the FoC versions don't even need to be opened. FoC Shockwave on the other hand, once I can find one, he will be opened as I have no Shockwave with my CHUGs!! Again though, why are these figures so small???

My only guess was that the elaborate game accurate sculpting cost hasbro more than expected. So they had to downsize the figure a little.

At least that's the only reason I can think of for FOC to be smaller than the prime line. :S

That's a good thought. I never thought about that.

The downsizing is due to resin costs. Since consumers have been resistant to price increases, Hasbro's only other option was to use less plastic.

OP from WFC is an awesome character design as well as an awesome toy design. They definitely should have kept FOC OP that way. I might pic up OP because he reminds me of OP from the War Within comics because I liked that comic series, or maybe I will wait for the Ultra Magnus repaint.

The downsizing is due to resin costs. Since consumers have been resistant to price increases, Hasbro's only other option was to use less plastic.

IMHO Below:

I don't see any shrinkage nor down sizing. because the TF toys have always flucuated in their toy sizes. basics have always fluated between 3 to 4.5 inches. deluxes have always flucuated between 5 to 6 inches. voyagers have always fluated between 5.5 to 7.5 inches. leaders have always flucuated between 8 to 11.5 inches .

Honestly,Down sizing/shrinkage in TF toys will be as follows: a 2.7 inch basic/commander sized toy. a 4.5 inch deluxe size toy. a 5 inch voyager toy. a 7.5 inch leader sized toy. SINCE THIS HASN'T HAPPENED their is thus far no downsizing/shrinkage found on the DOTM nor TFP nor Generations FOC toys.

To me, the size only matters to a point where it actually compromises what the figure can do. If you can maintain the level of detail and articulation then it's OK, but coupled with a price hike it then becomes a problem.

With DOTM the prices were actually lower than ROTF which to me, made a slight decrease in size more acceptable. I'm not surprised though. Hasbro has been screwing with the size classes of everything else, charging more for less, but until now we've been spared. Not anymore. We're getting it from both ends now and it's not very nice.

But again, I still do like the figures. None of the figures would really be any different if they were a little larger. It would add anything more that size. To me it's more about a nice physical representation on individual levels. Scales are always wacky and all over the place anyway, so there's little use in ever hoping they all make sense in that regard.

It's just that crappy higher price crap that's bringing me down.

Archived