Size Matters?

Reluttr

When I first saw the pictures of FOC Jazz and OP next to some generations figures I was really put off from the line.... Yet when I look at Shockwave he is just so awesome that I have the urge to just pelvic thrust all the way up to the checkouts, during getting checked out, and out the door to the police car waiting to pick me up for disturbing the public. So I am a bit conflicted, like I want all of my figures to be in scale, yet it isn't a factor when it comes to Shockwave because he just is so detailed, like there is very little surface area without some sort of elaborate sculpting.

What do you guys think? Can Hasbro overcome the shrinkage by giving us even more insanely detailed figures?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, when I purchased FoC Optimus and Jazz, I was bewildered at the fact Prime was so small. I haven't opened these two yet as I feel they won't fit in. Besides Classics prime and Spec Ops Jazz are spectacular figures, so the FoC versions don't even need to be opened. FoC Shockwave on the other hand, once I can find one, he will be opened as I have no Shockwave with my CHUGs!! Again though, why are these figures so small???

Yes, when I purchased FoC Optimus and Jazz, I was bewildered at the fact Prime was so small. I haven't opened these two yet as I feel they won't fit in. Besides Classics prime and Spec Ops Jazz are spectacular figures, so the FoC versions don't even need to be opened. FoC Shockwave on the other hand, once I can find one, he will be opened as I have no Shockwave with my CHUGs!! Again though, why are these figures so small???

My only guess was that the elaborate game accurate sculpting cost hasbro more than expected. So they had to downsize the figure a little.

At least that's the only reason I can think of for FOC to be smaller than the prime line. :S

IMHO below:

Hasbro/Takara hasn't shrunk any of the TF toys in their size levels.

Each toy is in a Fluctuating size level.

As long as the toys in their size levels don't dip below the Fluctuating size in their toy levels their is no shrinkage.

The TF deluxes have always Fluctuated in sizes from 5 inches to 6 inches. as long as no deluxe dips below 5 inches,their is no shrinkage.

The basics/scouts/commanders have always Fluctuated in sizes from 3 inches to 4.5 inches. as long as no commander dips below 3 inches their is no shrinkage.

The voyagers have always Fluctuated in sizes between 5.5 inches to 7.5 inches. as long as no voyager dips below 5.5 inches,then their is no shrinkage.

The leader sized TF toys have always Fluctuated in sizes between 8 inches to 11.5 inches. as long as no leader size toys dips below 8 inches then their is no shrinkage.

The $27 usa ultra toys have always Fluctuated in sizes between 6 inches to 8 inches tall. as long as no $27 usa ultra toy dips below 6 inches then their is no shrinkage.

The more I hear and see of the FoC line the more my interest fades in it. I'll get Shockwave simply because I don't have one in my line up, but the rest, I'm starting to not feel it(meh design, shrinking in size and rising in cost is not good for the consumer or fan base). The WFC OP is pretty damned good as he stands, a new model was not really needed, but WTF do I know.. They should have stayed with that design motif.

Parting shot: FoC OP in alt mode looks like a huge helmeted head on wheels(and that might be what they were aiming for..).

OP smaller then Jazz, HOLY CRAP IN A HAT!!!!!!

:agree

The more I hear and see of the FoC line the more my interest fades in it. I'll get Shockwave simply because I don't have one in my line up, but the rest, I'm starting to not feel it(meh design, shrinking in size and rising in cost is not good for the consumer or fan base). The WFC OP is pretty damned good as he stands, a new model was not really needed, but WTF do I know.. They should have stayed with that design motif.

My thought exactly. I didn't see a need to change the model at all and I thought the WFC model seemed a lot more iconic than the FOC model. WFC Prime just seemed more heroic and powerful plus the Deluxe version was so much more ...full than the Deluxe version we now have for FOC Prime.

That said, I still may get him but just seeing how hollow he is makes me want to pass. And I LOVE Prime figures!

Archived