Do you want more compatable parts with your TF toys?

Shadowpanther

Do you want more compatable parts with your TF toys?

Imagine if all the size levels had compatable parts. ofcause they'd only be compatable in each size class.

examples: all the deluxe sized new mold TF toys have the same ball joint style heads. where buyers can swap deluxe sized heads between toys. swapping heads would be done to get rid of a ugly robot head & replace it with a more beautiful robot head.

more examples: Imagine if all arms sockets used the same joint technology & connectors. I suspose this would be useful to give ROTM Leader sized megatron newer arms maybe borrowed from HFTD Leader starscream's arms. this would fixed the no eblow & no fingers for ROTF Leader megatron.

further examples: swapping out robot fist between toys of the same size class. swapping out legs or feet between toys of the same size class. swapping out these parts would add poseabilty or just better looking parts

Wouldn't be really possible. The head thing ain't so bad but swapping out arms and legs would make for impossibly stupid and weird looking alt modes (or if properly compatible, bland and repetitive.

I'm all for more customization but the most interchangeability I can stomach are those universal weapon clips that (I think) started in Generations.

What I want........is for them to give us just standard weapons and get rid of that Mech Tech crap!!!! I like Kupp's "musket" that doubles as an exhaust system. Simple, effective and for Kupp being an "older" warrior, the "musket" idea is awesome!!

Really just heads and weapons for me, at least now I believe weapons all have standard sized handles.

The 5mm weapon post thing actually started in 1984 with toys like Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, Frenzy, Rumble, Ravage, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker and Megatron. e.g. G1 Optimus Prime and DotM Deluxe Optimus Prime can hold each other's weapons. :) There are plenty more G1 Transformers who can hold 5mm post weapons. But it was in 2003 with Transformers Armada that the 5mm post concept became almost universal. Every Armada Transformer can hold each other's weapons, and of course, the Mini-Con that transformed into weapons (e.g. Star Sabre) had 5mm posts that could be held by any Autobot or Decepticon ('cept Laserbeak... he sucks). The same pretty much applied across Energon and Cybertron, except for the Energon Dinobots - they suck too (worse still, they have no weapons of their own, and the lack of 5mm compatible fists means you can't give them an Energon weapon or Mini-Con etc. to hold :roll) So yeah, the idea of the standardised 5mm weapon post has been around since pre-Transformers (since the Diaclone and Microman toys that became the early TFs would've already had that design in place). :)

Dark of the Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime is covered in holes for 5mm post weapons...

ultimateop35.jpg

^Note the two versions of 1984 G1 Optimus Prime's rifles attached -- the "fat" rifle on the side of the trailer, and the "thin" rifle on the side of the very front of the cab (near the front right wheel). 1988 Ginrai's shoulder cannon is also attached to the side of the trailer (same mould as Powermaster Optimus Prime's shoulder cannon, but different shade of gray (dark metallic instead of light flat)

ultimateop35a.jpg

^Note 1988 Powermaster Optimus Prime's rifle on the top of the trailer

Yeah, but Hasbro has messed around with the 5mm post, and there have been varying figures who cannot hold weapons with 5mm handles, classics hotrod, Armada/Cybertron Blurr, Energon Dinobots, ROTF Hoist, that's just a few. So while the 5mm post started off as standard, it's really been an on and off afterthought since G2.

Archived