SDCC 2012 - Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel Report - No Breakdown, FE Prime Toys Coming to TRU In November, Generations Grimlock

Peter_Van

Its not that we cant be displeased. Its how we show it that they will take seriously and pay attention too.

As far as kids, yeah they may want that guy on tv, but they accept if there is one or not prety well. Remember wondering why there wasnt an Arcee? Did'nt exactly bother you then huh?

Much to the contrary, as the only female transformer given anything close to top-billing, my sister's went nuts over her, and sent my Parents on statewide manhunt's until G2

That's kinda cute.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must remember that we only make up a very tiny market of their consumer base.

Just because 15 of us on every large board (15x4=60) is still very tiny. There are definitely a lot of things that occur when you need to bring a toy to market. Sure it sucks that they are not going to bring it just yet, but look at the "China Import" and the FE Prime toys.

Hasbro is showing some hearing abilities, so let's give them some time to figure it out before we chuck stones.

Come on, now...we've given them ADEQUATE time before 'chucking stones'...the fact is, they've just skipped him for some reason they're not telling us, feeding us excuses, and not supplying the many more than "15 of us" who want him. Plus, I'm tired of targeting Hasbro as a whole...this is solely on Archer & Co. Anyway, I bit the bullet last night and ordered my import last night. It's a loss to Hasbro, but it's on the backs of the designers who decided not to produce him (ports or no ports). I'll move on now... ;)

I wonder how many of him would warm shelves here if available.

Like those Generation Thundercrackers that seemed to grow moss.

If they didn't wait until everybody either imported him, paid a ridiculous amount for the botcon set, or got the high quality ko Thundercracker would have had a much shorter shelf life, but even so TC really wasn't on shelves very long so if you're attempting to force perspective or just defend Archer's bad business decisions, you yet again picked a horrible example.

No, I was making an honest observation, and a good one. Everyone wanted one, until they could have him. I still see them at TRU occasionally. Really, does everything have to be some big bad guy or conspiracy? It's not coming out here, it's out over there. Buy that one if you want one. It's just that simple.

No, I was making an honest observation, and a good one. Everyone wanted one, until they could have him. I still see them at TRU occasionally. Really, does everything have to be some big bad guy or conspiracy? It's not coming out here, it's out over there. Buy that one if you want one. It's just that simple.

Basically.

Well when Hasbro is super late to the party, as they ALWAYS are, it's no surprise the item doesn't sell. They put it out maybe a year after a lot of fans import him and only kids and the small few of us who chose to wait will buy him.

I mean look how long it took them to finally get the Prime toys out!

If they didn't wait until everybody either imported him, paid a ridiculous amount for the botcon set, or got the high quality ko Thundercracker would have had a much shorter shelf life, but even so TC really wasn't on shelves very long so if you're attempting to force perspective or just defend Archer's bad business decisions, you yet again picked a horrible example.

Valid response, Hellscream. I never saw TC hanging for more than maybe a few weeks...somebody eventually bought him! But to the point...sure, there's no 'big bad guy' or 'conspiracy'...there's just excuses and results. It seems that more times than not, particularly with the latest few series, the Hasbro guys give us the former, while Takara divvies out the latter. I appreciate what Hasbro's offered us over the years, and I really like some of the new offerings coming down the pike...but at the same time, as fans and consumers, it's important to let them know where they're going astray. And on the last few series, they've dropped the ball with toy releases (note: I said 'series', not 'movies'...although, there was that DOTM Soundwave 'incident'...also had to import).

Well when Hasbro is super late to the party, as they ALWAYS are, it's no surprise the item doesn't sell. They put it out maybe a year after a lot of fans import him and only kids and the small few of us who chose to wait will buy him.

I mean look how long it took them to finally get the Prime toys out!

YEP! And 'only kids' and 'the small few of us who chose to wait' are LARGER demographics than one might think! ;)

Like I said. You want it. Buy it. If it's not here, it's over there. Buy it. That's that.

Archived