SDCC 2012 - Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel Report - No Breakdown, FE Prime Toys Coming to TRU In November, Generations Grimlock

Peter_Van

Releasing Skyquake does ruin the whole "not releasing dead characters" theory. As if Cliffjumper didn't already ruin it. Makes me wonder if there's not a US toy law issue. Must be some small piece that can break off that Hasbro doesn't want pay to re-engineer. That's my theory.

Makes sense might have to do with his shoulders, that is the only part I can see breaking off is the white pieces there. But even then, it could have been fixed whatever the problem is. I'm thinking it has to do with the ports myself, even though they are not an issue as far as I am concerned. Either way, Hasbro is going to lose out of the money. I am sensing a huge import coming and Takara laughing at Hasbro, oh wait I'm sure htey already do LOL

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer about Breakdown. But, different country/market, different standards. Not the first time, not the last.

Oh wait, GAS PRICES ARE HIGH BECAUSE HASBRO AND ARCHER LIED TO US.

Releasing Skyquake does ruin the whole "not releasing dead characters" theory. As if Cliffjumper didn't already ruin it. Makes me wonder if there's not a US toy law issue. Must be some small piece that can break off that Hasbro doesn't want pay to re-engineer. That's my theory.

Makes sense might have to do with his shoulders, that is the only part I can see breaking off is the white pieces there. But even then, it could have been fixed whatever the problem is. I'm thinking it has to do with the ports myself, even though they are not an issue as far as I am concerned. Either way, Hasbro is going to lose out of the money. I am sensing a huge import coming and Takara laughing at Hasbro, oh wait I'm sure htey already do LOL

Whether ports or pesky parts (which I don't buy...look at all the kibble on so many figures!), it just seems lazy. And I agree about the 'import coming', LO. Unfortunately, I can't jump on the $60+ bandwagon just yet...waiting for another paycheck! :doh

Bummer about Breakdown. But, different country/market, different standards. Not the first time, not the last.

Oh wait, GAS PRICES ARE HIGH BECAUSE HASBRO AND ARCHER LIED TO US.

No, he didn't 'ruin my life' or anything like that...but as collectors, fans and consumers, we should let'em know when they're being TONE DEAF! :shrug

You must remember that we only make up a very tiny market of their consumer base.

Just because 15 of us on every large board (15x4=60) is still very tiny. There are definitely a lot of things that occur when you need to bring a toy to market. Sure it sucks that they are not going to bring it just yet, but look at the "China Import" and the FE Prime toys.

Hasbro is showing some hearing abilities, so let's give them some time to figure it out before we chuck stones.

You must remember that we only make up a very tiny market of their consumer base.

Just because 15 of us on every large board (15x4=60) is still very tiny. There are definitely a lot of things that occur when you need to bring a toy to market. Sure it sucks that they are not going to bring it just yet, but look at the "China Import" and the FE Prime toys.

Hasbro is showing some hearing abilities, so let's give them some time to figure it out before we chuck stones.

Ok, so anybody wanna explain to their kids who are starting a Prime collection why they can't get Breakdown at Christmas when virtually every other character from the series as well as several that aren't going to get animated got full toy treatment? Tell me how that's gonna go, I mean if you're not willing to import for yourself, will you for your children?

That seems to be the arguement some of you are using "It's what the kids want" I call BS on that, and also BS on Archer, Breakdown with his GLUED-ON ports could have easily been imported, it doesn't even need re-tooling for safety standards.

Yup, I'm casting stones here, why? Because it's not just collector's that they're letting down, it is the parents, and it is the kids the parents buy for. So don't give me that "well it's just the collector's that are bitching because they have an irrational hate-on for Hasbro" excuse. Prime is what's current, and if a mold has ALREADY been produced of a character that has appeared on the show AT ALL, above all else that should be considered a higher priority to make it to retail than repainting RID, and FE Bumblebee a ridiculous amount of times.

Fact is if kids see it in the show, yeah they will want the toy, but only 1 Bumblebee, not 8.

Its not that we cant be displeased. Its how we show it that they will take seriously and pay attention too.

As far as kids, yeah they may want that guy on tv, but they accept if there is one or not prety well. Remember wondering why there wasnt an Arcee? Did'nt exactly bother you then huh?

GRIMLOCK!!!! :win FULL OF AWESOME!!!! :awsum :awsum :awsum

I've already started making room for Blaster, Soundwave and Grimlock and just hope that all the other Dinos are made. Voyagers please? :)

Breakdown is disappointing as I'm wanting an American release for this guy.

When are the re-releases for Transformers Prime First Editions hitting the stores?? FINALLY a real Bulk and Prime into my collection! :))))) :ohyeah

takara-transformers-prime-am-12-breakdown%20%2817%29__scaled_100.jpg
Hasbro has no plans right now to release their own version of Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown, the company tells TFormers.com in an interview after the Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel. The company knows that the mold is available, says Aaron Archer, the Vice President of Hasbro Design, but was "not made to the same standards." He did not elaborate on this, but he claims that the figure is in "no man's land" cost-wise, so it may be that converting the Arms Micron ports may be too costly for the company. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

Well people want Breakdown, and from what I gather from this is simple. Hasbro will not release Voyager Breakdown. And Takara is going to reap all the money from him as people will now be forced to import him

I so called this LOL

Lets just hope that Hasbro doesn't cheapen this guy and we get THIS figure instead of another rendering. This one is just too cool and it would just be a shame to not have this guy come to us for a reason of "just because".

IMHO Below:

Yes,I wanted to buy the hasbro USA retail versions of TFP Voyager breakdown & TFP Gaia Unicron. I only thought they were worth usa retail prices. I don't love these two molds enough to pay tripple/quadrupple for them via takara imports.

Its not that we cant be displeased. Its how we show it that they will take seriously and pay attention too.

As far as kids, yeah they may want that guy on tv, but they accept if there is one or not prety well. Remember wondering why there wasnt an Arcee? Did'nt exactly bother you then huh?

Much to the contrary, as the only female transformer given anything close to top-billing, my sister's went nuts over her, and sent my Parents on statewide manhunt's until G2

I already ordered my Breakdown as soon as the preorder went up. Now i just have to wait for him to ship. I'm very happy with all of the announcements made this year. My wallet on the other hand.... :redface

I wasn't going to get Breakdown as I'm not a Prime collector anyway, I'm only interested in guys that'll fit in with my expanded G1 collection, I want RID Vehicon and Jet Vehicon so I can repaint them as Fastlane and Cloudraker, and also have one of each as "the Vehicon Brothers" and make little name tags for them that say Steve, and Gary.

The Auto Clones repaint is a damn good idea!

Much to the contrary, as the only female transformer given anything close to top-billing, my sister's went nuts over her, and sent my Parents on statewide manhunt's until G2

oh the internet would have saved them from that craziness....

Archived