SDCC 2012 - Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel Report - No Breakdown, FE Prime Toys Coming to TRU In November, Generations Grimlock

Peter_Van

Let's just call this for what it is...BS! And Aaron Archer's full of it too.

:agree

I honestly do not see what the big deal is about the ports being an actual part of Breakdown instead of being sticker.

TF:Prime fans have been requesting this figure since he showed up in the toon. American fans and collectors want to buy it. And remember this? Which is still referenced here. Ports or no ports, who cares?! Just more excuses from Archer & Co...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly do not see what the big deal is about the ports being an actual part of Breakdown instead of being sticker.

TF:Prime fans have been requesting this figure since he showed up in the toon. American fans and collectors want to buy it. And remember this? Which is still referenced here. Ports or no ports, who cares?! Just more excuses from Archer & Co...

I know man, which is why I decided to import him a long time ago. Basically when they dodged the question at Botcon sealed it for me, and basically told me they were not going to release him and I needed to look at Takara if I want to get him.

Why is Breakdown such a special case? Why is HE too expensive to import while the rest clearly aren't?

I wasn't going to get Breakdown as I'm not a Prime collector anyway, I'm only interested in guys that'll fit in with my expanded G1 collection, I want RID Vehicon and Jet Vehicon so I can repaint them as Fastlane and Cloudraker, and also have one of each as "the Vehicon Brothers" and make little name tags for them that say Steve, and Gary.

I know man, which is why I decided to import him a long time ago. Basically when they dodged the question at Botcon sealed it for me, and basically told me they were not going to release him and I needed to look at Takara if I want to get him.

Smart on this one...but you never know with these guys. Just look at how everybody paid out the @$$ for those classics/universe/generations seekers exclusives to complete the six, when they eventually released all of them at retail over a 7 year period (granted, that's lengthy, but I saved A LOT of money!). I don't know if I can wait that long for a single figure, though...will probably just have to bite the bullet (but not without giving Archer & crew the middle finger!) :thumb

Why is Breakdown such a special case? Why is HE too expensive to import while the rest clearly aren't?

He's not...just more excuses. We all know it...and so does Mr. Orson.

Isn't it similar in due part because by the time his toy would come out he would be long dead in the show? Same reason they skipped Skyquake and went straight to Dreadwing?

Except they announced they will release Skyquake next year.

There goes that theory.

Also, why didn't they show Grimlock at Botcon? So much bitching could have been avoided if they had just shown what literally everyone at the show was hoping to see. Why hold out for SDCC? Is there really anything to gain?

Except they announced they will release Skyquake next year.

There goes that theory.

Also, why didn't they show Grimlock at Botcon? So much bitching could have been avoided if they had just shown what literally everyone at the show was hoping to see. Why hold out for SDCC? Is there really anything to gain?

SDCC is bigger than Botcon could ever hope to be. So more attention.

And they only decided to release Skyquake after the questions about why he had been pushed back and then to being canceled. Honestly archer is just full of s#$t anyway.. Hasbro never had any intention of releasing Breakdown, So Takara added the ports, and now Archer is lieing out of his a$$ to cover for their stupidity.

Releasing Skyquake does ruin the whole "not releasing dead characters" theory. As if Cliffjumper didn't already ruin it. Makes me wonder if there's not a US toy law issue. Must be some small piece that can break off that Hasbro doesn't want pay to re-engineer. That's my theory.

Archived