SDCC 2012 - Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel Report - No Breakdown, FE Prime Toys Coming to TRU In November, Generations Grimlock

Peter_Van

I will pick up the Wreckers, but I will not combine them. Glad I waited on FE Vehicon. I'll pick him up in November in Phoenix. They should be a lot better then here in Killeen anyway. Already have all the other FE's but I might pick up FE Voyager Optimus so I don't have to pull the Takara one out of his package yet. I'll buy Cyrus Breakdown from Takara, since Hasbro is still being stupid. Maybe when the question was asked about Breakdown, the question should have been phrased like this.

"Will Hasbro release Voyager Breakdown? Or should we just import him from Takara?" That would have ruffled some feathers and probably gotten an actual answer out of them.

I do like the chance of picking up DOTM G1 Wheeljack and DOTM Soundblaster to round out my DOTM Deluxes. Looks like I will be haunting TRU in October for the GDO Deluxes and Scouts, the Voyagers are missing Brawn though.

Not worried about how Grimlock looks in Dino mode. I do like how he looks in robot mode. So he will be a buy.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DSCN1515__scaled_100.jpg
The Linkin Park Soundwave exclusive that was revealed yesterday at the Transformers Brand Panel at San Diego Comic Con 2012 will be sold through the band's affiliate store additional hobby channels, Hasbro tells us in an interview. When asked about the distribution channels for the figure that is limited to 2000 pieces, Jerry Jovoin tells Tformers that a "limited quantity" will be sold through Suru, a shop owned by band member Joe Hahn located in Los Angeles as well as "hobby channels"...Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

takara-transformers-prime-am-12-breakdown%20(17)__scaled_100.jpg
Hasbro has no plans right now to release their own version of Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown, the company tells Tformers.com in an interview after the Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel. The company knows that the mold is available, says Aaron Archer, the Vice President of Hasbro Design, but was "not made to the same standards." He did not elaborate on this, but he claims that the figure is in "no man's land" cost-wise, so it may be that converting the Arms Micron ports may be too costly for the company. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

takara-transformers-prime-am-12-breakdown%20%2817%29__scaled_100.jpg
Hasbro has no plans right now to release their own version of Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown, the company tells TFormers.com in an interview after the Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel. The company knows that the mold is available, says Aaron Archer, the Vice President of Hasbro Design, but was "not made to the same standards." He did not elaborate on this, but he claims that the figure is in "no man's land" cost-wise, so it may be that converting the Arms Micron ports may be too costly for the company. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

Well people want Breakdown, and from what I gather from this is simple. Hasbro will not release Voyager Breakdown. And Takara is going to reap all the money from him as people will now be forced to import him

I so called this LOL

So.... he couldn't just be put in the First Edition line? And weren't the Micron ports stick-on?

I do not see what the big deal is with the ports I did not see anything on the review of him that would make him any less wanted in the US. I think Hasbro figured hey he is dead in the cartoon so no need to release him much like SkyQuake. Only for Takara to have done something to keep the mold. And after the uproar about people wanting SkyQuake it was too late for Breakdown. Even though there is a huge uproar about Breakdown, and Hasbro could release Breakdown as is here in the states thus negating the cost issue of a remold. So it might actually be a safety issue much like Optimus's Smokestacks, or they just do not want to tell the truth. I would suggest instead of waiting on Hasbro just import him if you really want him. Cause I honestly think Breakdown is going to remain an exclusive to Takara.

Let's just call this for what it is...BS! And Aaron Archer's full of it too.

:agree

I honestly do not see what the big deal is about the ports being an actual part of Breakdown instead of being sticker.

I'm just so happy about the FE Voyagers, Cliffjumper, and Vehicon coming to the USA after all! I just hope the tru's in the twin cities will stock them!

And new mold for Thundercracker? BOUGHT! badass looking grimlock? BOUGHT! Everything new from PRiD? BOUGHT!

Might have to import MP Soundwave...Ugh....

Archived