SDCC 2012 - Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel Report - No Breakdown, FE Prime Toys Coming to TRU In November, Generations Grimlock

Peter_Van

DSCN1383__scaled_100.jpg
Hasbro officially revealed today that Amazon and Big Bad Toy Store will be jointly sharing the exclusivity rights to sell Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus, but they also revealed that the box art will be very unique as well. Not only does the box art for the figure appear to be very retro, it is retro. Hasbro did research on how the box art and figures looked back then and tried to apply it as faithfully as possible. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be getting Ruination, however I'm amazed no one else has said it: "We're getting Ruination!?! Where the F*%K is Scourge?!?"

Scourge was the leader of the Decepticon subgroup in RID afterall.

I was honestly expecting Ruination and Scourge to be next year's Botcon collector set, but this throws that theory out of the water.

seeing as this Ruination is an Autobot, you want an Autobot Scourge???

I've got lots of those! They're called "Optimus Prime"! :tflaugh Why would anyone use a name like "Ruination" on an Autobot?

I will be getting Ruination, however I'm amazed no one else has said it: "We're getting Ruination!?! Where the F*%K is Scourge?!?"

I was honestly expecting Ruination and Scourge to be next year's Botcon collector set, but this throws that theory out of the water.

I've got lots of those! They're called "Optimus Prime"! :tflaugh Why would anyone use a name like "Ruination" on an Autobot?

Are you effin kidding me!? Ruination is supposed to be a 'con not an Autobot, way to be real F*%KING lazy Hasbro! The coloring on these guys is even an homage to RID Ruination!

This aggravates me, to say the least. I'm going to put 'con symbols on him, having this as an Autobot just makes no sense.

And yes we still need that Black RTS Prime.

IMHO Below:

I thought the technobots/computron would have been the obvious repaint for FOC Bruticus. due to their futeristic cybertronian alt modes. ofcause they would of had to create a new deluxe scattershot to make it look more like computron.

I'm hoping,Hasbro/Takara creates other deluxe combiner teams that are scramble city inter-changeable with each other.

I think Hasbro did a top notch,above and beyond awesome retro package/box art for G-2 FOC Bruticus.

DSCN1383__scaled_100.jpg
Hasbro officially revealed today that Amazon and Big Bad Toy Store will be jointly sharing the exclusivity rights to sell Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus, but they also revealed that the box art will be very unique as well. Not only does the box art for the figure appear to be very retro, it is retro. Hasbro did research on how the box art and figures looked back then and tried to apply it as faithfully as possible. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

Ha! If only the real toy looked as good as that box illustration.

I'm hoping that when they say no other MP figures are planned, they simply haven't gotten around to Soundwave and Sideswipe....

Guess Reluttr was right about the MP Thundercracker being the new mold. Guess I will be picking that one up...if I can find it...Finally a WFC / FOC Blaster..I actually like all the KREO stes except I still don't understand why they left members out of each combiner team....The Rumble / Frenzy figures are kind of disappointing.....

For me, Grimlock makes up for no Breakdown, yay Kre-o, awesome news about the TF Prime FE figs coming to TRU, and the more I see of G2 Bruticus the more I like him!

Wait, what's that say on the back of MP Thundercracker's wings? Probably some obscure middle-finger cipher from Archer & Co. to the collectors out there! (Yes, that's in reference to the mold change from the other U.S. releases) :roll

Yeah, that's still not enough to deter me from buying it, though...still gotta have it to...drumroll...complete the collection!

Still flummoxed by the 'no Breakdown at this time' announcement...what are they waiting on? Oh yeah...year old First Editions. Did anyone ask Aaron whether they were going to stop treating TF:Prime like the redheaded step-Animated? That's all I got...

:thumb

Looks like that new TRU in towns gonna get a lot of my money.

Ruination works as a Wreckers combiner name. Little suprised myself in its use. Little dissapointed in Breakdown, but ya never know. Things happen.

Burger King was out of ketchup packets, DAMMIT HASBRO.

Archived