SDCC 2012 - Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Convention Exclusive Gallery

Peter_Van

transformers-bruticus-sdcc-2012%20(36)__scaled_100.jpg
The Tformers gang is live at San Diego Comic Con 2012 and we were lucky enough to pick up this little gem: the Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Bruticus! The set is an SDCC 2012 exclusive and features coloring of the figures that are accurate to the Transformers Fall of Cybertron game (read our impressions) due August 21, 2012. We have a boatload of images for you to take a look at the unique packaging as well as all of the figures in their robot, vehicle, and combined forms. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but Vortex is not in his G1 colors so I don't see how Hasbro is getting away with saying it is G1 accurate.

This seems to be my biggest problem as well. thus far we have 3 different color variations on the FOC Bruticus toy. Sadly their is no dark grey colored vortex toy.

At the very least I can sorta pretend SDCC FOC Blastoff is dark glossy brown. as gold is a few shades/glosses away from brown.

My guess is Takara's version might be more G-1 bruticus accurate. I can envision Ehobby doing 1992 operation combination battle gaiea colors.

I'm sorry but Vortex is not in his G1 colors so I don't see how Hasbro is getting away with saying it is G1 accurate.

Eh, Blastoff and Onslaught aren't really either. Blassoff is getting there, but should be darker brown (kinda the color that it looks like they've painted this SDCC Onslaught, although I think it's just the lighting in these pics), and the retail release of Onslaught actually has blue in it (despite the blinding green). And why did grey become the acceptable 'G1' color for Onslaught?

I took another look at the retail version of this set. Overall, I think that set has the best color scheme, especially for the ugliest of the group, Vortex and Blast-Off.

:agree ...even if some of them are a little on the brighter side. :sun

So far FOC figures are starting to look pretty awful. And please rotate your pictures!

So far FOC figures are starting to look pretty awful. And please rotate your pictures!

Please be a little patient. Internet service is spotty at SDCC and I do not have the proper tools here.

Will rotate as soon as I get to a personal computer.

EDIT: AAAAND ROTATED!

I'm looking at these combined mode pics, and I'm fairly certain the #1 problem with this guy is that his arms merge way too high up on Blast-off and Vortex. He could look 100% better if we could lower the combination points on each, which means I'm probably gonna pick up the SDCC set, and retail Blastoff and Vortex to fiddle with, Brawl and Swindle could use some footplates for combined mode too, but look at Bruticus without arms, those 3 combined don't look bad at all, it's the arms.

Archived