SDCC 2012 - Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime, Bot Shots, Universal Studios Exclusives, and Rescue Bots

Peter_Van

sdcc-2012-transformers-masterpiece-optimus-prime%20(1)__scaled_100.jpg
We round out our coverage of the Hasbro preview night display case with additional images of the Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime, which still does not have a release date, and is based off of the Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy mold; we also have looks at Bot Shots; Rescue Bots; and the Universal Studios exclusives including Deluxe Evac. Take a look in the gallery. Read the Full News Story Here

Thanks for taking the time to post pics+news.

I'll be buying Hasbro's MP Otptimus. as this be 9 inches tall in robot mode. this will be in scale with most AEC,Animated,Movie verse & TFP leader sized toys. this will be in decent scale with classics/generations toys. I think hasbro did a wonderful job with the package,colors & art.

I won't be buying any bot shots. as their not that poseable. I do like the creativeness with the character selections,repaints. I like that they recolored the powerglide mold into skyquake. maybe a cool idea would be to recolor the universe 2.0 ultra size powerglide mold into skyquake & give it a new head sculpt.

I'm currently not interested in any of the universe studios TF toys. hopefully they make more that I like "hint",bigger sized TF toys.

Rescue bots I view as a complete waste in both toy & cartoon series form. I actually think the play-school go-bots toys hasbro made years ago had more poseabilty & better/higher kids age intended sculpts. My ultimate dream is for hasbro to cancel the rescue bots cartoon series. then replace it with either a cel drawn KRE-O/Kreon or a generation type cartoon series with a full blown TF toy line.

Aside from Evac the rest of the universal studios figures are letdowns. MP-10 looks awesome and can not wait to get him. nothing else is new

How much for Prime? RK has a preorder for him at the rediculous price of 179.99 dollars plus shipping

They're technically importing that from the US which is high it's really high. I think Hasbro said MSRP would be $100 and i think i read Oct/Nov time frame.

I want MP-10 like yesterday!

Please please please Hasbro keep this tooling for MP Prime for the US release, don't change a thing, it's perfect as displayed here.....

....WITH long stacks btw.

Now when will my TRU see this?

Agreed. I wouldn't mind a packaging revision, though. I'd kind of like to see this guy in packaging emulating the original G1 Prime package. vehicle mode, the grid, this Prime in the classic boxart pose. That'd really trigger the nostalgia, and save space in the case. We might get one or two more per case and give more people a shot at him.

Archived