Jump to content

When to decide to cancel a preorder?


Recommended Posts

So I was one of the "lucky" ones to preorder that Miracle Productions Vehicle Voltron.


However 4 months after the original release date and still not having the figure is starting to get annoying...


Basically here is what has went down so far...

- Pictures of prototype and preorder are opened on the net at Toyfreakz.com, with a set delivery date of the first week of april.

- BBTS lists a preorder for the figure.

- Classics Media throws a tantrum and makes Toyfreaks and BBTS pull the preorder listings. Toyfreakz continues to take preorders via email "under the table".

- A error is found with the final diecast molding at the factory and the figure is put on a 1-2 week delay the week of release.

- Nothing is said for 2 months...

- About a week ago the owner of Toyfreakz got in contact of the factory and is told that we will finally have new pictures and some footage by the end of the week. All the while reassuring us we will have this thing by the end of july, first week of august at the latest, because the manufacture has a contractual date to have this on the market "in china" by then. He also supplied some extra CAD screenshots and pictures of the original prototype that he had been holding.


Here we are Monday and nothing... The toyfreakz guy has not even posted in the forum where this all has went down. Its like they just dropped in long enough to calm everyone down and just went back into their bottle.





Now here is my problems with the situation, I want this figure and I think if it does get released it will be hard as hell to get, meaning after market prices will be through the roof. So if I cancel my preorder I will probably never get it.


However... it has been 4 months and nothing...nada! I find it odd that third party companys are constantly shooting out updated pictures of their product, from concept, to proto, to testshot, to final product. They seem to keep us in the loop all through the development process. But this supposedly "legitimate" company got people to pay in advance for something then just STOPPED updating us. There has not been any new proto shots, no packaging peeks, nothing. Despite being promised SEVERAL times we would get some "soon".


I am worried that I dont cancel my preorder, and then things start to get hairy, and this guy just takes the money and run. I mean by no means is he a large online retailer, and at this point my ability to force a refund through paypal is gone. It would not be hard to imagine when things get hairy for this guy to just run off with the several thousand dollars he has up in these preorders when the manufacture flakes out.


The entire thing is just...fishy. RobotKingdom has enquired about this product, but the company wont give them specifics, so RK wont list it as a preorder. So at this time the ONLY guy getting this thing is ToyFreakz, and despite being a Asian release there is NOTHING about this on any asian collector forum. What little there is about it references back to toyfreakz and their pictures.

Edited by Reluttr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well if you already know you're past the point of receiving a refund, I'd say you got no real choice but to wait it out. I mean what would be the point in canceling if they've already got your money and you can't get it back?


IMHO Below:


I think this is a special circumstance that deserves a refund. even if it's past the refunds days policy. due to this product being delayed & maybe cancelled.


If the site offers a customer service phone number or email. i'd try both or one & explain my case. then politely ask for a refund.


Personally,I don't like dealing with on-line sites/stores that take all the money/credit up front during the pre-order process. I prefer to deal with sites/stores,where I can pre-order a item,then get charged when the item comes in stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cancel your pre order you should be able to get your money back right away..

For me I fully decide about a month out from when the item is getting released. If the item has been pushed back at least twice. Then I just cancel outright. and wait for it to actually show up/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Find Transformers on Ebay

  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE