Another Mystery Bot quest, resolved... Silver Furyu

Backfire

What's a Furyu? It's the Japanese name for one of the coolest Takara Transforming robots that was never a Transformer.

In the Gao Gai Gar series, the story goes 2 AI computers are created and placed inside a powerful set of transforming trucks, one blue crane, Hyoryu and one red fire engine, Enryu. These are some kick arese toys that transform into very cool robots and then can combine to form a super robot, Symmetrically like the Jetfire/Skyfire combiner from the TF Animated series.

Later they made a second set of constuction bots, same trucks, different attachments, these 2 came with a dump truck flat bed, the yellow Rairyu, and his green counterpart with cement mixer Furyu.

So, back to the front. Some time ago, I bought a loose lot of TF's from the bay, and was delighted to find another one of these cool robots, and it came with it's parts as well to my delight. Only on thing bugged me, it's the wrong color? They didn't make silver/gray ones. Being that it had the combiner parts and even came with the robot head, I imagined someone made a KO of this set and somewhere out there, there is another variant waiting to be found.

I even made a post on here, with pictures of the thing asking if anyone knew what the other truck looked like.

Not one response to solve the mystery.

Today, after explaining how much fun I had tracking down what the RoadBots were, I remembered this little mystery. I just did some new google searches for KO Gao Gai Gar toys and BINGO, someone on Flicker had a set of 4 of these, boxed, under the Galaxy Defenders banner. YES! Finally I know where this came from! Now I will see what the KO makers did to his partner. What cool color did they change it into? Black? Constructicon GREEN???

I zoom in on the picture to see.... Yellow. The 2 sets are almost identical colors to their originals, except this one Silver bot.

WHY!!!! WHY!!!!!! WHY!!!!!! Change just the ONE COLOR???? But none of the rest?????

GaoGaiGar knockoff lineup

Here's this person's picts. Special thanks to them for solving the mystery for me.

And DAMN THE KO CO!!! For not following through with the other variant needed here!

It's gonna KILL ME to hunt down either the blue one or the yellow one, loose, and custom paint that sucker into one of the 2 colors I was hoping to see. I think Constructicon green would be outstanding!

When I went to Kaybee stores a long time age,before they closed down permanently. I remember seeing Kaybee stores selling a few KO Brave toys in nicely styled boxed. I did see the two brave construction bots that combined bodies sideways.

During the 1990's & early 2000's,Brave,DBZ,Power rangers & Transformers were extremly popular KO toys. apparently brave KO's were very popular in the middle 1990's. I use to go to these chinese KO wharehouse/distributors stores in manhattan a few blocks away from macy's.

When I went to Kaybee stores a long time age,before they closed down permanently. I remember seeing Kaybee stores selling a few KO Brave toys in nicely styled boxed. I did see the two brave construction bots that combined bodies sideways.

During the 1990's & early 2000's,Brave,DBZ,Power rangers & Transformers were extremly popular KO toys. apparently brave KO's were very popular in the middle 1990's. I use to go to these chinese KO wharehouse/distributors stores in manhattan a few blocks away from macy's.

uuuuoooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I would have LOVED to see a place like that.

I really want to get a hold of the reverse colored Classics Warpath...

I tinkered around with a color change for this character, constructicon green, might be too much like the green this bot was supposed to come in. So thinking a nice black custom might be very interesting. NOW I just have to find a cheap parts bot to use...

Archived