If 3rd party companies were in full force a decade ago

Shadowpanther

Imagine if 3rd party companies were in full force 10+ years ago.

what's your wish list of of 3rd party toys,you know is too late to create.

What are some older TF toy line things you wanted to get done but know it's too late now? like as follows; brand new molds,conversion kits,weapons accessory packs,masters partners. newer minicons,trailer/suit of armor,combiners limbs,samurai or armor gear,etc...

Here's my wish list below:

1- a new animal/bot arm for cybetron leader megatron or leader optimus to wear. similar to what leobreaker/nemesis breaker does. but a different animal mode & newer bot design like a voyager sized rhino beast mode that transforms into a robot then a salvage arm/claw weapon for leader megatron or optimus to wear.

2- Pants/trailer for energon deluxe rodimus to combine with.

3- newer mold minicons combiners that create a gestalt like masterforce dinoking,predaking,etc...

4- energon new mold duocons that are either two deluxes or two voyagers. but must have individual robot mode.

5- energon masterforce overlord shirt/pants tank/jet robot combiner. both toys would have individual robot modes. both toys would be voyagers that combine to form a leader sized robot mode.

6- FORT MAX conversion kit for cybertron leader sized metroplex. headmaster head that transforms into a tiny humanoid figure. city ramps, fort max's 2 huge guns. fort max's two huge red sticks that are on his side abdomen area. extra's like other city accessories.

7- Scorponok/black zarak headmaster & weapons/accesories convenersion kit for energon scorponok & cybertron dark scorponok.

8- Trailer/robotic armor for Alternators Rodimus. similar to the fan projects protector armor.

9- newer deluxe modes for the three 2001 Rid predacons & maybe a voyager new mold for skybyte.

10- more 3rd party/KO Alternators/BT character figures. a blue colored dodge viper with a rid sideburn head sculpt. white colored tigatron using the two ravage alternators toys.

11- replacement tank/turrent arm that is super poseable kit for ROTF Leader sized megatron.

12- Replacement G-1 styled head sculpts for some movie verse toys like all the starscream molds especially the HFTD Leader Sized starscream toy mold.

13- Energon 5-in-1 Combiner limbs for the superion & constructicon maximus. two jet/bots for superion. three construction/bots for devestator.

13a- 3rd party brand new 5-in-1 combiners that are compaitable with the liscensed 5-in-1 combiners & can be swapped back & forth. the limbs/bots would be basic sized,the core leaders would be deluxe sized. examples: 5 brand new 5-in-1 molds for the stunticons/menasor. 5 brand new 5-in-1 molds the protectobots/defensor. 5 brand new 5-in-1 molds for the 1986 predacons/predaking. 5 brand new 5-in-1 molds for the 1988 seasons/piraking. 5 brand new 5-in-1 molds for the 1989 dinoforce/dinoking. maybe create a beastwars maximal jungle theme with rhinox,cheetor,tigertron,ironhide the elephant & airrazor.

14- newer city commander trailer/armor that looks more closer to 1986 ultra magnus's car carrier trailer/armor for the classics 1.0 ultra magnus toy.

15- Leader sized toy for beastwars 2nd Lioconvoy. without the horrible gimmicks & clips that clip in better.

16- Voyager or ultra sized 1996 T-Rex megatron. with a beast head/arm & beast tail/arm that clip on & off to reveal real robot two arms+ two robot fist.

17- Some newer kits with posable legs/arms that make some armada toys super poseable.

Thing is with these 3rd party companies, a lot of them are swarming to the same ideas. At some point, favor will fall to those who provide something more out of the box.

All the g1 stuff is great, but I think people will still yearn at some point for upgrades to other lines as well. I mean, I would still be plenty interested in any real good upgrades for any Energon, Cybertron or even some Armada figures if they make sense. Why the hell not?

It's a matter of whether or not people still have those figures to upgrade though. Plenty of people unloaded them or never got them. I don't think it's ever too late though. So if a new company comes along and bucks the g1 trend and decides to dedicate their business toward upgrading other than g1 stuff then I think they'll be welcomed by a big part of the fandom. So long as it's good quality of course.

Thing is with these 3rd party companies, a lot of them are swarming to the same ideas. At some point, favor will fall to those who provide something more out of the box.

All the g1 stuff is great, but I think people will still yearn at some point for upgrades to other lines as well. I mean, I would still be plenty interested in any real good upgrades for any Energon, Cybertron or even some Armada figures if they make sense. Why the hell not?

It's a matter of whether or not people still have those figures to upgrade though. Plenty of people unloaded them or never got them. I don't think it's ever too late though. So if a new company comes along and bucks the g1 trend and decides to dedicate their business toward upgrading other than g1 stuff then I think they'll be welcomed by a big part of the fandom. So long as it's good quality of course.

once again i agree with madman on on this one..

A better Beast Machines Tankor. Seriously, that guy deserved a much better and bigger figure.

What? At least his toy looked like his show model. Jetstorm never got that luxury and he was 100 times more awesome

once again i agree with madman on on this one..

Funny how the mad ones make the most sense, though I would like a 3rd party to look into Beast Wars and give us a Rhinox we can all be proud of owning. I do like how FP is going about business. they are bucking the Optimus Prime trend. and aside from a Powermaster upgrade to ClassicVerse Optimus. I could really careless about any new 3rd Party Optimus's. Mastermind is another good one in that htey are sticking with Hearts Of Steel for the most part and their upcoming Sixshot's. Though I would not mind having a HOS Cannon Megatron

Perfectly said. And he's absolutely correct.

Though I would not mind having a HOS Cannon Megatron

I'd also love this. as it was a great comic art designs in both modes. best of all once they release megatron. they can do a HOS Galvatron recolor next using the same mold but with a different galvatron head sculpt & galvatron inspired weapons/accessories.

It's a mixed bag for me, it would be cool to see some of the upgrades, figures, and add-ons that could have been produced over the last 10 years had 3rd parties jumped onto the scene in full force back then, the simple truth for me is that I wouldn't have been able to get any of it. I was in High School 10 years ago!

What I would still like to see is an awesome 3rd party Overlord.. heck all the Decepticon commanders really. I still need an RID Devil Gigatron, I always liked that mold, just never was able to buy it, I was hoping to luck out on the Deathsaurus exclusive, but I don't think that'll ever happen, plus I'm hoping a 3rd party will bring out an awesome Ultra scale version of him, there's an idea, a 3rd party company that will focus first and foremost on new molds for all previous Decepticon commanders, from US G1, Euro G1, Japanese G1, Marvel G1, Marvel UK G1, Marvel G2, etc.

Archived