I'm thinking about Kitbashing TFP Thundertron.

Shadowpanther

I'm thinking about Kitbashing TFP Thundertron.

I don't like that both robot legs/back beast legs don't match. So I'm going to buy two thundertron's toys. then do part swaps between the two toys to get to robot legs+feet that match.

I don't like the Thundertron robot head. as it's super ugly & looks like a pirate-robot head. I've got a few robots heads I'm debatting on putting on Thundertron. I even debatted taking TFP Voyager Ultra magnus's robot head & putting it on thundertron's robot body. I figure the ultra magnus head would blend in with the blue thundertron's toy colors.

I'm hoping Hasbro repaints this thundertron toy a few time & gives it different head sculpt & persona's.

my desired color schemes/persona's/heads for this mold are: 1986 Razorclaw,BW 2nd leo prime,1989 Victory Leo.

There are reasons why he is designed the way he is; the biggest one being that his character is indeed a pirate, thus the "pirate"theme. IF you read the novel, Exiles, it states that he and his Star Seekers are pirates. It also states that he's missing one leg and it's replaced by a steel strut. This accounts for the "mismatched" legs. — Thundetron

There are reasons why he is designed the way he is; the biggest one being that his character is indeed a pirate, thus the "pirate"theme. IF you read the novel, Exiles, it states that he and his Star Seekers are pirates. It also states that he's missing one leg and it's replaced by a steel strut. This accounts for the "mismatched" legs. — Thundetron

I read on-line info on Thundertron being a pirate & his art designs info. Thing,is,I'm all about beautifully designed TF toys. If I can make my TFP Thundertron toy have two matching lowers legs & a more beautiful robot head sculpt. then I'm gonna do it,regardless if it goes against the written ficion pirate theme designs for thundertron.

I can't wait to get this one. The pirate theme is awesome IMO, considering the only other pirate TF that comes to mind is Cannonball. I welcome your alteration though and will gladly check it out when you complete it.

Thanks,i'll post pics of my TFP Thundertron custom here after I complete it.

In Takara's 1997 Beastwars 2nd toy line/cartoon series. Takara had the seacons/God Neptune as pirates with a huge pirate ship.

I can't wait to get this one. The pirate theme is awesome IMO, considering the only other pirate TF that comes to mind is Cannonball. I welcome your alteration though and will gladly check it out when you complete it.

Thanks,i'll post pics of my TFP Thundertron custom here after I complete it.

In Takara's 1997 Beastwars 2nd toy line/cartoon series. Takara had the seacons/God Neptune as pirates with a huge pirate ship.

True, true. I was just thinking American toylines.

Archived