I've Had It With Hasbro!

madman1366

Picture this. One day you go into a store. You shop there a lot and it's one of your most used go-to stores. One day while checking out, the checkout person accidentally puts a couple of items into your bag without scanning and didn't notice.

Now it's almost 2 years later and you are shopping at that same store. You go to check out and they stop and tell you that they can't sell you anything again until you pay for those 2 items that didn't get rung up properly in the system nearly 2 years earlier, so you never paid for. Because of a computer error it went unnoticed all this time, now they want you to pay.

Would anyone else think that would be a totally ridiculous scenario?

Well...nearly 2 years ago I placed an order on HTS. I paid through paypal and the order went through just fine. A couple of days later, I got some confusing emails, something about getting my order cancelled because the payment was denied. I put up my paypal account and checked my balance and there was no reason for it to have been declined. I called Hasbro, but they didn't know why either. Paypal told me it was an errant fraud alert.

Well Hasbro had apparently sent me 2 of the figures I ordered anyway even though they cancelled the order.

I've placed several orders there over the years with no problem, now here we are nearly 2 years later. I put in an order for my nephews birthday present, I was going to get him the SDCC FE Optimus, and the NYCC exclusive sets. Instead of a confirmation of shipping, I get an email saying they won't process any orders from me again until I pay for the figures they accidentally sent me nearly 2 years ago.

Am I nuts, or is this insane? No emails, no letters, no bill in the mail, no nothing for 2 years saying I still owed them anything. I cancelled the order and they cancelled my account and blocked me from HTS.

Is this what it means to be considered a "valued" customer these days? If this is becoming the common practice in customer service, we are all in trouble!

Sounds like a load of crap to me, but it isn't entirely surprising. Customer service gone to hell the last couple decades.

Regardless, the fault was theirs, and they should take the loss. What a joke!

my fan opinion below:

1-Never use the HTS site again & don't worry about paying for those two toys.

2- If you plan to order from the HTS site in the future,like on SDCC 2012 HTS ordering day. pay for the two items. so you'll be able to buy the HTS SDCC 2012 exclusives.

3- use the phone & speak to a customer service agent from the HTS site. explian your situation & try to come to a resolved agreement.

I JUST placed an order for two NYCC BB and Arcee sets through HTS.com a couple of hours ago. I paid with Pay Pal. Wish me luck because........I have an account with them, but they wouldn't let me log on. I ended up having to create a new account which I find stupid. I have ordered through them in the past with no problems.

my fan opinion below:

2- If you plan to order from the HTS site in the future,like on SDCC 2012 HTS ordering day. pay for the two items. so you'll be able to buy the HTS SDCC 2012 exclusives.

3- use the phone & speak to a customer service agent from the HTS site. explian your situation & try to come to a resolved agreement.

I've got my way around any blocks they put for me which is why this all so stupid. The only thing it's going to do is cause me to have to go to a couple of minor extra lengths to put in an order for exclusives when they come. I'm just going to have a friend order them for me. Too late now to get the birthday presents, but hey, that's life.

The exclusives are the only things I'll ever bother with them for ever again. At the rate they are going, that might not even matter to me for much longer.

my fan opinion below:

I've got my way around any blocks they put for me which is why this all so stupid. The only thing it's going to do is cause me to have to go to a couple of minor extra lengths to put in an order for exclusives when they come. I'm just going to have a friend order them for me. Too late now to get the birthday presents, but hey, that's life.

The exclusives are the only things I'll ever bother with them for ever again. At the rate they are going, that might not even matter to me for much longer.

That is true... SDCC shockwave is what a 200% markup?

I ran into the same thing with HTS once, they tried to say I didn't pay for my SDCC Optimus. I politely told them I have proof that I paid and and all of a sudden. I was allowed to place orders again. But still two years? that is on them to take the hit. not you

Archived