Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, and MP-14 Red Alert Showcased in Hobby Japan

Peter_Van

Sideswipe will be marked down considerably when he comes stateside. As will the constructicons. If you assume each will cost $50-60, then devs will be a mere $300. Rodimus was how much in Japan? Over here, he's only $60. Optimus 2.0 was almost $200...and here, he's just $100. There's a reason I never buy imports :P

IMHO Below:

Hasbro's USA MP Sideswipe depending on where it's sold can cost $39.99 at Walmart or $50+ at TRU

Hasbro's MP Rodimus was pure awful. it only cost $59.99 because it didn't come with the trailer. I bought Hasbro's MP Rodimus but returned it a few days later. because I hated the ugly & cheaper colors on the toy. I currently own the Takara MP Rodimus Prime toy.

If Takara makes the MP TF constructicons/devestator & each team member is deluxe size. then the Takara will toy cost around $400 to $500. Since hasbro sells most takara TF's toys for 50% to 75% less. Hasbro's USA MP TF Devestator toy will still cost around $150 to $175. no USA retail store in america is going to stock a $150 to $175 TF toy. because at this price it won't sell. since it'll be almost supreme size,this toy will take up a lot of shelf space.

Selling Hasbro USA MP TF combiners individually for $40 each won't work either. because not many would be willing to spend $30 to $40 on a deluxe sized MP TF Constructicon times six $180 to $240 to build the gestalt Devestator.

I'd rather get new mold combiners in the cheaper priced TF toy lines like generations,TFP & Movie-verse. I don't need to spend the MP TF prices to get poseable fingers/toes & light up parts. I'm satified with the poseabilty the cheaper priced TF toy lines offer.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The color shift and failure to include the giant orange hunk of plastic to give a sleek car a more winnebago look made Roddy awful? I got him at tru and I think he's a great and solid figure!

The trailer just opened up into a goofy looking battle platform. I did not feel like I was missing out on much of anything by not getting it. I like the targetmaster a lot more

The color shift and failure to include the giant orange hunk of plastic to give a sleek car a more winnebago look made Roddy awful? I got him at tru and I think he's a great and solid figure!

The trailer just opened up into a goofy looking battle platform. I did not feel like I was missing out on much of anything by not getting it. I like the targetmaster a lot more

IMHO Below:

Yes,MP Rodimus needs the Trailer. Because Rodimus Prime does not have a realistic nor convincing truck cab mode like MP Optimus has.

MP Rodimus without the trailer has one less alt mode.

The hasbro colors looked so awful & cheap. to say they look like KO colors would be a direct insult to the KO companies. the hasbro colors made no sense as they were not toy nor cartoon accurate colors. having the face that Slate grey with the sky blue eyes looked so horrible. then the factory painted on hotrod lower legs decals ruined any rodimus prime extended/bigger robot mode. that neon yellow flame decals looked so awful copmpared to the nicely drawn & mute yellow high lights colors.

The tagetmaster Isn't that great as it pegs in very loosely to the MP Rodimus hands. at best it's a great stand alone targetmaster new mold. but it's not a great peg in weapon for MP Rodimus in neither mode.

and I/M/HO....Rodimus was just fine as a car....I did not feel as though I was losing anything. The trailer only opened up into a big stupid-looking battle platform. And the colors look just fine to me

Sideswipe will be marked down considerably when he comes stateside. As will the constructicons. If you assume each will cost $50-60, then devs will be about $360. Rodimus was how much in Japan? Over here, he's only $60. Optimus 2.0 was almost $200...and here, he's just $100. There's a reason I never buy imports :P

Rodimus was $70 over here, Now what about inflation? with the current trends in Pricing I can see the Constructicons being around $80 Here in the states and TRU exclusives thus making them even harder to get if they are made. Easily putting the whole set over $400 and that is if Hasbro brings them over, cause at that size and price point I do not see Hasbro trying it for them. unless they went completely smaller than Voyager size. I still see you possibly paying more than Hercules

and I/M/HO....Rodimus was just fine as a car....I did not feel as though I was losing anything. The trailer only opened up into a big stupid-looking battle platform. And the colors look just fine to me

I've actually got both and both are good

Rodimus was $70 over here, Now what about inflation? with the current trends in Pricing I can see the Constructicons being around $80 Here in the states and TRU exclusives thus making them even harder to get if they are made. Easily putting the whole set over $400 and that is if Hasbro brings them over, cause at that size and price point I do not see Hasbro trying it for them. unless they went completely smaller than Voyager size. I still see you possibly paying more than Hercules

IMHO below:

TRU stores in america have different prices according to the area the store is in. in Manhattan & Brooklyn,the TRU stores charged $69.99 for MP Rodimus. In Pennsylvannia & some stores in NJ,the TRU stores charged $59.99. When TRU.com first sold MP Rodimus on it's on-line site,it cost $59.99. TRU is notorious for raising the on-line price when the item sells out & they restock the item. The restocked price for TRU.com MP Rodimus cost $69.99.

I agree,Takara's MP Devestator price if it's almost supreme size will easily cost $400 to $500. since hasbro charges 50% to 75% less than takara's prices. Hasbro's TRU USA MP Devestator price if it's almost supreme size will easily cost $180+

If the constructicons cost that much, they'll probably be huge. The Hercules components are what, tiny deluxe sizes?

If the constructicons cost that much, they'll probably be huge. The Hercules components are what, tiny deluxe sizes?

Nope each figure in the Hercules set stands just over 7 inches putting them firmly in the Voyager size class. The component figures for Giant on the other hand are right in the Deluxe range, I don't own any of the Giant components so I can't giva an accurate measurement, but I love my Hercules so much that I even sprang for the Rage of Hercules set, and all three CrazyDevy upgrades.

Nope each figure in the Hercules set stands just over 7 inches putting them firmly in the Voyager size class. The component figures for Giant on the other hand are right in the Deluxe range, I don't own any of the Giant components so I can't giva an accurate measurement, but I love my Hercules so much that I even sprang for the Rage of Hercules set, and all three CrazyDevy upgrades.

They are definitely Voyager size, if not a little bit taller then Voyager, and when in combined more Hercules is taller than MP-01

We're talking about MP combiners here, and no one has mentioned Reflector?

For shame.

MP is that close to completing the G1/S1 Decepticon cast, and for that reason alone there is no combiner I want more right now than Reflector.

Archived