Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, and MP-14 Red Alert Showcased in Hobby Japan

Peter_Van

yea, i'm sure there wouldn't be an MP line if it wasn't profitable to everyone. With that being said, Takara employees would't spout anything about the possibility of making MP Combiners if they knew they couldn't sell them and make money.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea, i'm sure there wouldn't be an MP line if it wasn't profitable to everyone. With that being said, Takara employees would spout anything about the possibility of making MP Combiners if they knew they couldn't sell them and make money.

Just like I'm so sure there aren't enough of us that would buy an MP combiner if one were to be produced {sarcasm} I've got news for you about MP's to begin with, they aren't large production runs either (shocker)

I love how folks make erroneous claims in these discussions and then concoct bogus statistics to back it up.

Fun fact: 87% of TFormers.com members have done this at one time or another :P

I love how folks make erroneous claims in these discussions and then concoct bogus statistics to back it up.

Another Fun Fact is the fan base actually makes up 25% of total Transformers sales. because Hasbro forgot that most of us are parents also, and we are buying Transformers for our kids.

Another Fun fact is Hasbro pulled the 5% out of their ass, cause the one before that we were 15% It is simple justification for them to ignore us, knowing we will more than likely buy what they sell anyway.

Another Fun Fact is Takara does not listen to Hasbro when it comes to MP

s because like others have said MP is a collectors line that Takara owns, they decide not Hasbro. If Hasbro did own it then we would see MP here in the states before it ever got to Japan. So get off the Hasbro kick already

Another Fun Fact, Takara enjoys schooling Hasbro on what people want. And all they do is point out to Hasbro how much Takara product is being imported to the states.

Now an MP Devastator or any MP combiner for that matter is not going to be made, if it is it is years away. Hasbro wont do it. Takara will, but by then, All the G1 Combiners should be released by TFC Toys

Now an MP Devastator or any MP combiner for that matter is not going to be made, if it is it is years away. Hasbro wont do it. Takara will, but by then, All the G1 Combiners should be released by TFC Toys

I agree with this 100% :yay

And the TFCtoys combiners will still mean nothing to me because they cost twice as much as they should anyway....so who cares what 3rd party companies make? Takara will make MP devs if they want to, TFCtoys be damned!

Takara Devs would be just as cool and cost a fair price

And the TFCtoys combiners will still mean nothing to me because they cost twice as much as they should anyway....so who cares what 3rd party companies make? Takara will make MP devs if they want to, TFCtoys be damned!

But that is if they ever decide to make him, which I am sure htey have talked about but the problem is cost. if we were to base the individual price off of Sideswipe at $78 (Captured Prey Price) we are looking at $468 at the very least for all of the Constructions. Where with the TFC Toys Hercules at $91 each (Captured Prey Price) it is a total of $546. a $78 dollar difference, and you can guarantee getting Hercules. Also you could buy the 6 individual figures together in a gift-set for $515 which is only $47 more then the supposed MP Devastator. and we are also basing all of this off of today's prices. I would rather pay the extra $47 for Hercules then chance that by the time MP Devastator was being released each Constructicon could cost $110. Which would made MP Devastator cost more than Hercules, and more than likely he would be smaller than Hercules

But that is if they ever decide to make him, which I am sure htey have talked about but the problem is cost. if we were to base the individual price off of Sideswipe at $78 (Captured Prey Price) we are looking at $468 at the very least for all of the Constructions. Where with the TFC Toys Hercules at $91 each (Captured Prey Price) it is a total of $546. a $78 dollar difference, and you can guarantee getting Hercules. Also you could buy the 6 individual figures together in a gift-set for $515 which is only $47 more then the supposed MP Devastator. and we are also basing all of this off of today's prices. I would rather pay the extra $47 for Hercules then chance that by the time MP Devastator was being released each Constructicon could cost $110. Which would made MP Devastator cost more than Hercules, and more than likely he would be smaller than Hercules

This was the same exact points I was trying to make in this thread. I even did a MP-12 Lambor price comparision like you did.

I was wondering where these statistics where coming from. These seemed to be legendary......

Sideswipe will be marked down considerably when he comes stateside. As will the constructicons. If you assume each will cost $50-60, then devs will be about $360. Rodimus was how much in Japan? Over here, he's only $60. Optimus 2.0 was almost $200...and here, he's just $100. There's a reason I never buy imports :P

Archived